Amazon Studios is nearing a deal to develop a Mass Effect series

Brian

All I want from a show like this would be something like the Star Wars: From a Certain Point of View short story collection, but as a TV series. Like, if they're going to do try to retell the story from the trilogy, I barely want to see Shepard and the crew of the Normandy. Been there done that. I'm reaching the end of ME3 now, and while I love these characters, I've already spent 100+ hours with them in this format. I want to see what the rest of this galaxy is like for the people who aren't the Chosen One. 

My favorite episode would be all about a random dude on the Citadel. At the start of the episode, he's standing outside of a shop, chatting with a friend about some old war relic that belonged to his family, but it got left behind when they had to evacuate their home world. He goes about his business. Takes his kids to school, gets in an argument with his partner about dinner, gets in trouble with his boss, all that regular life shit. Weeks later, he happens to be outside that same shop again, when Commander Shepard, the MOST IMPORTANT HUMAN IN HISTORY, stops by and says "Hey, I heard you were missing this. There you go." hand him the artifact, and sprints off to cure the genophage or whatever. 

55 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Make a Mass Effect show like that Kimmy Schmidt one from a year or two ago, where you get to make dialog choices and the story changes. It’s the best part of Mass Effect anyway.

Gotta make it true to the games and clearly label the paragon and renegade options and force you into consistently picking the same one by blocking dialog options.