The 2021-22 Mock Gambling Thread - WEEK 9 - Biggie hangs on!

Slug

In a week where almost everyone lost on the Feature Game, but a bunch of player also hit the Question 5 bonus, Biggie manages to hang on to a slim lead going into Week 9!  Will he be able to stay ahead or will someone new take the reigns?

Apologies for the late update this week and the short deadline.  On to Week 9!

########## WEEK 8 RESULTS ##########

Week 8 Feature Game - Green Bay Packers at Arizona Cardinals (-5.5)
Green Bay beats Arizona on the scoreboard and in the MGT by a score of 24-15.5(21-5.5).  Bets on the Pack win.  Only Biggie and Keyser_Soze hit their bets this week!

QUESTIONS

1) What will be the first scoring play of the Feature Game? Packers TD, Packers FG, Packers safety, Cardinals TD, Cardinals FG, Cardinals safety, or other? ($700 for the correct call)
Arizona goes up six early in the first with a touchdown for the first score of the game.

2) Name the player that will score the first TD of the Feature Game.  As always "score" means "the person holding the ball in the endzone". ($600 for the correct name)
A direct snap to Chase Edmons from 11 yards out results in the first TD on this game.  Nobody called this.

3) Name any team that will NOT finish their game with a double-digit score (0-9).  Teams on a Bye do not count. ($600 for the right answer)
The Lions and the Jags were the only teams that failed to reach at least 10 points in Week 8.  Only Commissar SFLUFAN and thewhyteboar called one of these two teams.

4) The QB who will have the highest passer rating in Week 8, with a minimum of 3 attempts. ($700 for the correct player)
Geno Smith led all QBs in passer rating in week 8 with a 128.3, going 20/24 for 195 yards, two touchdowns and no picks.  Nobody called Geno's number.

5) Call the winners:
Tennessee at Indianapolis
San Francisco at Chicago
Dallas at Minnesota
($500 for EACH correctly named game winner, $1,000 bonus if you call all 3 correctly)
Road sweep! Almost everyone got all 3 correct.  Lots of bonuses this week!

6) Which team will have more total offensive yardage in the Philadelphia @ Detroit game? ($500 for the right team)
In an absolute blowout of a game, the Eagles win the yardage battle 350-228 and I'm surprised it was even that close.

7) Unreal speed: Name the player that will reach the highest top speed while carrying the ball in Week 8. ($1,000 for the right name)
Jonathan Taylor was the fastest player in Week 8, reaching a top speed of 21.83 MPH on a 1 yard run.  Nobody named Taylor.

8) Name the player who will rush for the most yards AND the player that will have the most receiving yards in week eight. ($1,500 for each player named correctly, $4,000 bonus if both names are called)
Elijah Mitchell takes the rushing crown in Week 8 with 137 yards while Deebo Samuel knocked out all the other receivers with 171 in the air.  Keyser_Soze was the only player to call Mitchell and nobody saw Deebo coming.

######### LEADERBOARD #########

@Biggie - $14,205
@Keyser_Soze - $13,110
@Commissar SFLUFAN - $11,103

@AbsolutSurgen - $9,395
@thewhyteboar - $9,305
@Pikachu - $7,000
@ManUtdRedDevils - $3,700
@Kal-El814 - $3,000
Slug - $2,000
@BasemntDweller2 - $1,999

If you think I mathed wrong, let me know.

########## THE SEASON #########
Week 1
Week 2
Week 3
Week 4
Week 5
Week 6
Week 7 - BYE
Week 8
###############################

WEEK 9 FEATURE GAME AND QUESTIONS FOLLOW THIS POST

WEEK 9 MOCK GAMBLING - SPREAD AND QUESTIONS

DEADLINE FOR WEEK 8 ENTRIES - TONIGHT 20:19 EASTERN

THREAD WILL BE LOCKED AT THE DEADLINE SO GET YOUR ENTRIES IN!

Week 9 Feature Game
Chicago Bears (+7.5) at Pittsburgh Steelers
(Remember you are betting against the spread, not just the outright winner)

QUESTIONS
1) What will be the first scoring play of the Feature Game? Bears TD, Bears FG, Bears safety, Steelers TD, Steelers FG, Steelers safety, or other? ($800 for the correct call)

2) Which teams in the Feature Game will win the time of possession battle? ($600 for the correct team)

3) Name any team that will finish their game with a score greater than 30. ($600 for the right answer)

4) Home field advantage: How many home teams win in Week 9? ($900 for the correct player)

5) Call the winners:
Cleveland at Cincinnati
L.A. Chargers at Philadelphia
Las Vegas Raiders at NY Giants
($500 for EACH correctly named game winner, $1,000 bonus if you call all 3 correctly)

6) Which team scores first in the Sunday night Titans @ Rams game? ($600 for the right team)

7) Name the QB that will have the most passing yards in Week 9 ($1,000 for the right name)

8) Name the player who will rush for the most yards AND the player that will have the most receiving yards in week eight. ($1,500 for each player named correctly, $4,000 bonus if both names are called)

Good luck!

### Example Answer Post and MY ENTRY ###
Bears for $1,000
1. Steelers FG
2. Chicago
3. Denver
4. 7
5. Bengals, Chargers, Raiders
6. Rams
7. Bridgewater
8. Gordon, Cooks
#####################

Week 9 Feature Game

Chicago Bears - $1500

QUESTIONS
1) Steelers FG

2) Steelers

3) Buffalo Bills

4) 9

5) Call the winners:
Cincinnati
Philadelphia
Las Vegas Raiders

6) L.A. Rams

7) Matt Stafford

8) Rushing: Jonathan Taylor; Receiving: Davante Adams

Week 9 Feature Game
Bears $2,000

QUESTIONS
1) Steelers FG

2) Steelers

3) Bills

4) 8

5) Cincinnati, L.A. Chargers, Las Vegas Raiders

6) Rams

7) Dak Prescott

8) Nick Chubb, Cooper Kupp

@Slug I Think I should be at $9,395 = $9,195 - $2,000 (wrong bet) + $700 (Cardinals TD) + $1,000 (Tennessee & Dallas) + $500 for Eagles Yardage

57 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

I Think I should be at $9,395 = $9,195 - $2,000 (wrong bet) + $700 (Cardinals TD) + $1,000 (Tennessee & Dallas) + $500 for Eagles Yardage

You are correct!  Not sure where I dropped a hundred..probably a typo.  It's been fixed!

• Slug locked this topic