The 2021-22 Mock Gambling Thread - WEEK 6 - AbsolutSurgen holds back the surge!

Slug

AbsolutSurgen maintains his top spot, but his lead got a quite bit less comfortable as several players made big gains to crowd the top of the leaderboard!  Can he hold on to his lead with most of the leaderboard hot on his trail?

########## WEEK 5 RESULTS ##########

Week 5 Feature Game - Los Angeles Rams (-1.5) at Seattle Seahawks
The Rams hand the Seahawks a home loss by a score of 24.5(26-1.5)-17.  Bets on L.A. win.

QUESTIONS

1) What will be the first scoring play of the Feature Game? Rams TD, Rams FG, Rams safety, Seahawks TD, Seahawks FG, Seahawks safety, or other? ($500 for the correct call)
Russel Wilson hit a 19 yard pass to a streaking DK Metcalf for the first points of the game. Calls for a Seattle TD get it.

2) Which team in the Feature Game will have the most combined rushing yards? ($300 for the correct team)
L.A. led the ground game in this one with 118 total rushing yards to Seattle's 92.

3) Which QB gets sacked the most in the Feature Game? ($300 for the right answer)
Stafford was only sacked once while Wilson ate dirt twice.  Bets on Wilson win.

4) Which team will have the higher average yards per play in the Buffalo @ Kansas City game Sunday night? ($300 for the correct team)
Buffalo averaged 8.1 yards per play to KC's 5.  Only Commissar SFLUFAN and BasemntDweller2 got this one right.

5) Call the winners:
Denver at Pittsburgh
New Orleans
at Washington
Cleveland at L.A. Chargers
($300 for EACH correctly named game winner, $700 bonus if you call all 3 correctly)
Biggie AND Pikachu both nailed all three games to earn the bonus!

6) Name the highest scoring team in Week 5. ($600 for the right team)
L.A. Chargers was the points leader, hanging 47 on the Browns. Nobody called this.

7) Name the lowest scoring team in Week 5? ($600 for the right team)
The Raiders were the low team in Week 5, only scoring 9 points between sending of e-mails. Nobody saw their bad week coming.

8) Name the player who will rush for the most yards AND the player that will have the most receiving yards in week five. ($900 for each player named correctly, $2,500 bonus if both names are called)
Nick Chubb led all backs with 161 yards rushing while the receiving title goes to Davante Adams with a big 206 yards.
Biggie called Adams and Keyser_Soze got Chubb!  Nobody called both for the bonus.

The "thewhyteboar BONUS BET": Does Urban Meyer fake a health crisis this week? - Max bet $5
He didn't!

######### LEADERBOARD #########

@AbsolutSurgen - $8,895
@Commissar SFLUFAN - $7,303
@BasemntDweller2 - $7,299
@Biggie - $7,105
@Keyser_Soze - $6,305
@Pikachu - $5,205
@Kal-El814 - $4,195
@ManUtdRedDevils - $4,100
@thewhyteboar - $3,905
Slug - $1,150

If you think I mathed wrong, let me know.

########## THE SEASON #########
Week 1
Week 2
Week 3
Week 4
Week 5
###############################

WEEK 6 FEATURE GAME AND QUESTIONS FOLLOW THIS POST

• Thanks 1

WEEK 6 MOCK GAMBLING - SPREAD AND QUESTIONS

DEADLINE FOR WEEK 6 ENTRIES - 10/14/2021 (Thursday) 20:19 EASTERN

THREAD WILL BE LOCKED AT THE DEADLINE SO GET YOUR ENTRIES IN!

Week 6 Feature Game
Buffalo Bills (-5.5) at Tennessee Titans
(Remember you are betting against the spread, not just the outright winner)

QUESTIONS
1) What will be the first scoring play of the Feature Game? Bills TD, Bills FG, Bills safety, Titans TD, Titans FG, Titans safety, or other? ($600 for the correct call)

2) Which team in the Feature Game will have the longest kickoff return? ($400 for the correct team)

3) Which team in the Feature Game will commit the most turnovers? ($400 for the right answer)

4) Name any two teams that BOTH score more than 24 points in Week 6? ($300 for the correct team)

5) Call the winners:
Minnesota at Carolina
Cincinnati at Detroit
Dallas at New England
($400 for EACH correctly named game winner, $800 bonus if you call all 3 correctly)

6) Which game in Week 6 will have the LOWEST combined score? ($700 for the right team)

7) Which game in Week 6 will have the HIGHEST combined score? ($700 for the right team)

8) Name the player who will rush for the most yards AND the player that will have the most receiving yards in week six. ($1,000 for each player named correctly, $3,000 bonus if both names are called)

Good luck!

### Example Answer Post and MY ENTRY ###
Tennessee for $650
1. Buffalo FG
2. Tennessee
3. Buffalo
4. Washington New England
5. Dallas, NY Giants
6. HOU/IND
7. WAS/KC
8. Gibson, McLaurin
#####################

4 minutes ago, Pikachu said:

I meant to say I got all three winners

Oh you're right.  Your total was correct so I did math you for getting those picks correct, I just didn't note that you were one of the people that did for the summary for some reason.  Fixed!

Week 6 Feature Game

Buffalo Bills $1005

QUESTIONS
1) Bills TD

2) Bills

3) Titans

4) Buccaneers; LA Rams

5) Call the winners:
Carolina
Cincinnati
Dallas

6) Green Bay-Chicago

7) LA Chargers-Baltimore

8) Rushing: Joe Mixon; Receiving: Mike Williams (LAC)

• Slug locked this topic