I can finally articulate why I don't like Halloween

Fizzzzle

1) I don't like party holidays in general, which I'll get to later, but every other party holiday (st. Patty's, Cinco de mayo, new years, etc) only take place on that specific day. You missed cinco de mayo this year because of work/other obligations? Tough titties, bitch, try again next year. Halloween, on the other hand, lasts a whole fucking week. God forbid Halloween fall on like a Thursday, then you have a whole 8-9 days of this bullshit. People put so much effort into their costumes and preparations that they're like "I WILL have my costume party this year, goddammit!" regardless of what day it is.

2) party holidays in general. I don't like feeling obligated to go out and party. I'll do it when I want to, get off my back. Every time asks me "what are you doing for Halloween?" the more it makes me want to say "nothing, and get off my lawn while you're at it."

3) Fuck them kids

4) having worked in bars for well over a decade now, party holidays are what we call "amateur hour." Basically, this is then all the normies who don't drink or go out very often go out and get trashed because society tells them it's okay to do it, and they all go out at the same time. It's the best time to find puke and shit everywhere, have bar fights, etc. No decorum whatsoever.

5) given all of the above, I've become a scrooge. I don't like feeling forced to have fun when I don't want to, and a part of me doesn't like seeing those same people nagging me about Halloween out there having a grand old time. 

So, yeah. My thesis on why I hate Halloween. Now get off my lawn.

Nothing wrong if you like to celebrate Halloween, but it really is a Kid event. All of your adult parties suck and I have no desire to partake in such shenanigans.

I like Halloween a good amount but just for the themes. I only celebrate it by getting a pack of those Pillsbury halloween cookies. 

4 hours ago, Bacon said:

Nothing wrong if you like to celebrate Halloween, but it really is a Kid event. All of your adult parties suck and I have no desire to partake in such shenanigans.

I like Halloween a good amount but just for the themes. I only celebrate it by getting a pack of those Pillsbury halloween cookies. 

Eyes wide shut 

Yeah I've come around to that I'm basically too old for Halloween, at least like going out to bars for Halloween. It's kinda depressing but yeah it's all folks that are a solid 10 years younger than me and it's weird. Halloween house/dinner party with friends though sure I'm down.