Fauci Pressed Over Funding for Experiments Done on Dogs

No idea how scandalous any of this is. The story was started by an animal rights group whose information seems to contradict what the directors over at the University of Georgia. Contradict in the sense that the animal rights group says animal testing isn't required for any drugs being tested and the University of Georgia saying it is required for some vaccines.

beagle-receives-vaccine.jpg
WWW.NEWSWEEK.COM

The White Coat Waste Project said a Freedom of Information Act request showed the testing of beagles took place, and that the dogs were eventually euthanized.

It's hard to find more recent stories about this because it looks like right wing media picked it up recently and are going hard on the Fauci ordered a bunch of animals to be tortured story. We, obviously, don't even know how involved he'd even be in the day to day trials being conducted in universities and other labs around the planet that are getting federal grants to develop new drugs. No word on what any of these drugs are actually for. Looks like there was an animal experiment done in Georgia last year and another in Tunisia the year before. Most current stories are focusing on Tunisia since, I guess, the idea of out sourcing animal trials to Africa sounds worse than the trials being run in the southern US.

My guess is this animal rights group is going hard into the Fauci angle because maybe Republican's hatred for Fauci will put pressure on the NIAID and NIH to scale back funding on animal testing.

2 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Dam, boy has been eating. I remember he was so small and it hasn't even been a year!

Just turned 6 months a few days ago too. I think he’s around 55-60lbs, but was weighed 3w ago at 51.4lbs. Buddy just turned 10 about 2 weeks ago and would say he’s around 105-110lbs