Ambulance Official Trailer

Interesting, Gyllenhaal hasn't worked with Bay yet I don't think. I didn't watch the trailer, will wait for reviews/impressions. I usually watch all Bay films, but I didn't bother with Transformers 5 or 6 Underground. Pain and Gain was interesting though, and I enjoyed 13 Hours surprisingly in its way. Ambulance is apparently based on a poorly reviewed 2005 Danish film. I don't know if that indicates what the quality of this film will be or not.

• 5 months later...

Anybody see this? I went and watched it tonight and holy moly, the Bayhem is incredible.

The stuff this psycho does with drones is like nothing I’ve ever see in a film. But what gets me is how kinetic Bay can make a flippin’ conversation between two characters like early in the film when Danny is convincing Will to join him in the bank robbery.

Really enjoyed it and makes me sad that we’ve moved away from some of the fun and intense action movies of the 90s, like what Bay and Cameron were doing then. This stuff is the definition of a popcorn flick and I’m here for more.

Opening night in Dolby. Pretty confident labeling this as Bay's best. Amidst the Transformers schlock, it was easy to miss that he's been pushing his style to new limits with the last few films. This one not only reaches a new peak, but excises most of his worst qualities, and the relatively small scale of it all helps to keep things focused on the shit that matters. Everyone is great. I was teary-eyed by the end.

See it big and loud.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, sblfilms said:

Anybody see this? I went and watched it tonight and holy moly, the Bayhem is incredible.

The stuff this psycho does with drones is like nothing I’ve ever see in a film. But what gets me is how kinetic Bay can make a flippin’ conversation between two characters like early in the film when Danny is convincing Will to join him in the bank robbery.

Really enjoyed it and makes me sad that we’ve moved away from some of the fun and intense action movies of the 90s, like what Bay and Cameron were doing then. This stuff is the definition of a popcorn flick and I’m here for more.

yeah saw it last Saturday and my review was it's the most Michael Bay film ever