Stellar Blade (Korean Bayonetta/NieR:Automata | PS5 | 26 April 2024) - "New Gameplay Overview" trailer

Commissar SFLUFAN

2 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Yes it's hell to develop for an under powered console.

With Nintendo money. While I'm sure the budget is there, I can't help but wonder if Nintendo if isn't micromanaging and adding their "creative input." I know Nintendo funded Bayonetta 2, but I also believe it didn't make a ton of money. I wouldn't be surprised if Bayonetta 3 was a bit... different.

• 2 years later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Stellar Blade (Korean Bayonetta/NieR:Automata | PS5 | 26 April 2024) - "New Gameplay Overview" trailer
11 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

That looks really good, I would definitely be buying it on day one if I had a PS5. April is a lot sooner than I was expecting it to come out. I’ll just add it to the list of PS5 games that I want.

I didn't think this was a particularly strong showing for this game. I'm sure the game will be fine and I've enjoyed Shift Up's other work (Nikke specifically) but I think they probably should have focused on some awesome looking gameplay here instead of, "here's this girl, and this guy, and where she sits and drinks soda," it was nearing some B game vibes to me.

7 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I didn't think this was a particularly strong showing for this game. I'm sure the game will be fine and I've enjoyed Shift Up's other work (Nikke specifically) but I think they probably should have focused on some awesome looking gameplay here instead of, "here's this girl, and this guy, and where she sits and drinks soda," it was nearing some B game vibes to me.

I get what you’re saying, but I actually liked that they showed more than just action and combat because I was under the impression that it was a pure action game but it has adventure and RPG elements as well. It definitely looks like a B game, but I’m fine with that because I really like B games.

25 minutes ago, Phaseknox said:

It definitely looks like a B game, but I’m fine with that because I really like B games.

I know you do but I just find it a little funny a game like this would not only be funded by Sony but show up at their State of Play. I've always held their stuff to a higher standard. I mean clearly the moneyhatting at the end (of the State of Play) with Kojima was what the standard is. :p

• True 1