Tesla Bot - The future race of Earth

• Brian changed the title to Tesla Bot - The future race of Earth

Robotics is cool.  And hopefully robots will be able to do a lot of the tasks humans don't want to do (or shouldn't do) in the near future.  

This is good for all of you limp wristed antiwork leftists.  The more labor we can offload to robots, the more you can sit on your couch and complain about robots taking your jobs, while collecting your UBI checks. 

The work that Boston Dynamics has done over the last few years is absolutely amazing.  I would be surprised if Tesla can surpass what BD has accomplished.  

32 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

Robotics is cool.  And hopefully robots will be able to do a lot of the tasks humans don't want to do (or shouldn't do) in the near future.  

This is good for all of you limp wristed antiwork leftists.  The more labor we can offload to robots, the more you can sit on your couch and complain about robots taking your jobs, while collecting your UBI checks. 

The work that Boston Dynamics has done over the last few years is absolutely amazing.  I would be surprised if Tesla can surpass what BD has accomplished.  

I was like ah yeah they still look a little awkward lulz...then the fucking things did a synchronized backflip :ana:

1 hour ago, Kal-El814 said:

Isn’t daddy Musk also terrified of an AI takeover? Pick a lane you fucking chode.

Yes, he is. For very dumb reasons. I've wondered if it's a conscious or unconscious tactic to distract from the actual real-world issues with current and near-future AI for which his company is responsible.

41 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Ubi won't happen, and neither will super advanced ai and robotics at least not in our lifetime. Move those boxes a foot in any direction and those robots will be useless. We also won't ever have self driving vehicles 

What constitutes "super advanced"? I'd easily best on useful robots that can walk well and do pick-and-place well within our lifetime. I would say human-like intelligence (not to be confused with human-like agents) is possible near the end of our life, but I have much higher uncertainty bars on that prediction.