Texas Senate declares that the KKK, ain't so bad...

9f9c5ce20ff6c8bf6c5b257f261fdbd6
WWW.YAHOO.COM

Republican senators in Texas have continued their ongoing fight against cultural awareness in the state’s public schools. They recently passed […] The post Texas Senate passes bill that stops teaching requirement calling KKK ‘morally wrong’ appeared first on TheGrio.

• Guillotine 3

I find it particularly funny that they're removing the requirement of MLK Jr.'s "I Have a Dream" speech, given how much they love to quote the "content of my character" line. Maybe someone actually did read it and realize he wouldn't have been on their side.

Also, between cutting MLK and the requirement to say the KKK is bad, it makes this a lot more transparently racist than I'd expect it to be. I feel like much of the CRT debate, while never done in good faith, at least pretended it was about equality (hence the constant quoting of MLK). I feel like you could have gotten away with cutting Cesar Chavez, Native American history, women's suffrage, an most mentions of any people of color, and at least feigned some plausible deniability about the overt racism of the bill.

10 hours ago, Bacon said:

OH MAN!!! I wanna be in the KKK! 

Clarification: This is sarcastic/a joke to future sleuths when I run for president of the world. Cancel this paper boy! 

Your opinion on BLTs will do your campaign more harm than if you were actually in the KKK.

• Shocked 1

5 minutes ago, Iculus said:

exactly. 

Not ever having one isn't an opinion. My only opinion was that lettuce on sandwiches' is like watering down your liquor. Which, even then, that isn't an opinion, but literal facts. Inform yourself. 

I've seen some videos and stuff over the last few years that literally try to paint Nathan Bedford Forrest as a "civil rights activist," and it mostly comes from southern brainwashing centers.

He very well may have legitimately recanted towards the end of his life, but that was after he founded the KKK and did his absolute damndest to usher in Jim Crow. He has 2 statues in Tennessee, one in Nashville and one in Memphis.

1 hour ago, Fizzzzle said:

I've seen some videos and stuff over the last few years that literally try to paint Nathan Bedford Forrest as a "civil rights activist," and it mostly comes from southern brainwashing centers.

He very well may have legitimately recanted towards the end of his life, but that was after he founded the KKK and did his absolute damndest to usher in Jim Crow. He has 2 statues in Tennessee, one in Nashville and one in Memphis.

Not only that, his body was interred in Memphis. But it was recently moved:

ap21166705493317_wide-088a2788db03b1f2b1
WWW.NPR.ORG

The remains of Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest, a slave trader and early leader of the Ku Klux Klan, are set to be moved to a new Confederate museum in Columbia, Tenn.

And the NBF bust in the state capital in Nashville is set to be moved here soon too. 

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fewscripps-brightspot.s
WWW.NEWSCHANNEL5.COM

The final vote for the removal of the Nathan Bedford Forrest bust is happening this week.

• Guillotine 1