Taika Waititi's "Reservation Dogs" (FX/Hulu) - Season 3 (the final season) Official Trailer

• 3 months later...

I'm 6 episodes in and I can honestly say that this is probably one of the best shows on TV currently.

It clearly conveys a deep social message (the socio-economic plight of Native Americans) without being "preachy" about it and being damned funny and heartfelt.  The performances of the main four teenager characters are absolutely phenomenal and they damned well better be recognized when awards season rolls around.

Watch this show - you won't regret it!

Just now, SimpleG said:

Paulina Alexis (Willie Jack) steals every scene she's in

15upnext-alexis1-facebookJumbo.jpg
WWW.NYTIMES.COM

Paulina Alexis, an Indigenous Canadian actress, also appears in the next “Ghostbusters” movie.

She REALLY does!

And the sixth episode where the focus is on her and her dad is one of the best of the entire series that I've seen!

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Taika Waititi's "Reservation Dogs" (FX/Hulu) - one of the best damned shows on TV returns for its second season on August 3
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just finished the 10 available episodes of this, and really enjoyed them. I admit that at first I was only mildly liking it, but halfway through season 1 it started to click with me more and I feel that it got even better during the back half of season 1. The first two episodes of season 2 were really good too. It’s a good mix of both comedy and drama, and it’s different from a lot of other shows.

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

So far, this season of Reservation Dogs is definitely not as outright funny as least season, but it's definitely more poignant.

I agree, I just watched the third and fourth episodes of this season and they were definitely more drama than comedy. They were actually a couple of the less interesting episodes that I’ve seen so far, especially episode 3. I hope that things pick up a little more with the next episode.

• 2 weeks later...

I just watched the fifth and sixth episodes of this season, and they were better than the last two episodes IMO. Episode 5 is almost completely a comedy, and episode 6 is a good mix of comedy and drama similar to the first season. It’s my favorite episode so far this season.

On 8/19/2022 at 5:39 PM, SuperSpreader said:

I love the spirit guide guy. 

Praying Fx Networks GIF by Reservation Dogs

I do too, but he was absent from this season’s fifth and sixth episodes as there really wasn’t a place to fit him in their stories.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Taika Waititi's "Reservation Dogs" (FX/Hulu) - renewed for a third season
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
IMG_5058-H-2022.jpg?w=1296
WWW.HOLLYWOODREPORTER.COM

Creator Sterlin Harjo made the announcement on social: “It’s the correct decision creatively for the show.” 

Reservation Dogs, the FX/Hulu acclaimed series from creator Sterlin Harjo, will end with its upcoming third season.

Harjo made the announcement Thursday on Instagram and called the move the “correct decision creatively for the show.”

Co-created by Harjo and Taika Waititi, Reservation Dogs was renewed for a third season in September. The final, 10-episode season will return Aug. 2.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Taika Waititi's "Reservation Dogs" (FX/Hulu) - third season announced as the final one
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Taika Waititi's "Reservation Dogs" (FX/Hulu) - Season 3 (the final season) Official Trailer
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I tried my very best to emotionally prepare myself for that final episode, but I might as well not have even bothered as I cried through practically the entire thing :cry:

I genuinely cared for all of those characters and their lives, and I'm very much going to miss them terribly :( For the last couple of years, they were essentially a part of my existence for a few precious weeks, and I really can't ever imagine not knowing their stories as my own life is richer for having seen and heard them.

I never expected any piece of media to affect me in the way that this show has and for that, I will be forever grateful to everyone involved in its production because I will honestly say without the slightest bit of reservation or hesitation that I believe that I'm a better person for having experienced it :clap:

45 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I tried my very best to emotionally prepare myself for that final episode, but I might as well not have even bothered as I cried through practically the entire thing :cry:

I genuinely cared for all of those characters and their lives, and I'm very much going to miss them terribly :( For the last couple of years, they were essentially a part of my existence for a few precious weeks, and I really can't ever imagine not knowing their stories as my own life is richer for having seen and heard them.

I never expected any piece of media to affect me in the way that this show has and for that, I will be forever grateful to everyone involved in its production because I will honestly say without the slightest bit of reservation or hesitation that I believe that I'm a better person for having experienced it :clap:

The dad episode was amazing, deer lady was no 1 tho