Star Wars: Visions Volume 2 (May the Fourth) - Official Trailer

The shorts announced at the event, and the studios working on them, include:

• The Duel by Kamikaze Douga (Batman Ninja)
  • Lop & Ocho by Geno Studio (Golden Kamuy)
  • Tatooine Rhapsody by Studio Colorido (A Whisker Away)
  • The Twins and The Elder by Trigger (Kill La Kill)
  • The Village Bride by Kinema Citrus (Tokyo Magnitude 8.0)
  • Akakiri and T0-B1 by Science Saru (Japan Sinks)
  • The Ninth Jedi by Production IG (Ghost in the Shell)

• 1 month later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Star Wars: Visions - anime anthology series to debut on 22 September 2021 (Disney+) - Official Trailer
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
55 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:
starwarsvisions-blogroll-1632176900072.j
WWW.IGN.COM

The first season of Disney+'s Star Wars: Visions included involvement from some of the best Japanese animation studios in the world, but for its second season, the show is looking to go even bigger.

Looking forward to this!

And so Visions volume two is sort of a global tour of some of the most interesting animation studios on a global level. We have studios from Africa, Chile, England, Ireland, France, India… and the guiding light there was that we wanted their storytelling to be a reflection of what Star Wars meant in their culture, but also a reflection of the myths and stories that could only come out of their cultural context."

Now we're talkin'!

Give me African/Indian mythology-infused Star Wars!

• Halal 2

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Star Wars: Visions - Season 2 will be "less anime, more global"
  • 7 months later...

loved the first series and liking all the different studios for this 2nd series. Description and animation studio info below from comingsoon.net

Sith – From El Guiri and writer-director Rodrigo Blaas, the episode will feature the voices of Money Heist vet Ursula Corbero as Lola and Luis Tosar as Sith Master. 

“A former Sith apprentice, leading a peaceful, but isolated life, is confronted by the past when her old master tracks her down.”

Screecher’s Reach – From Cartoon Saloon and director Paul Young, the episode features the voices of Eva Whittaker as Daal, Alex Connolly as Baython, Noah Rafferty as Quinn, Molly McCann as Keena, Anjelica Huston as Sith Mother, and Niamh Moyles as Ghost. 

“A young girl, seeking reprieve from her days in a rural workhouse, discovers a legendary haunted cave with her friends. The cave’s dark pull will change the trajectory of her life forever.”

In the Stars – From Punkrobot and writer-director Gabriel Osorio, the episode features the voices of Valentina Muhr as Koten, Julia Oviedo as Tichina, Kate Dickie as Officer, and Amparo Noguera as Officer.

“Two sisters, the last of their kind who live in hiding on their ravaged land, squabble about how to survive with the Empire encroaching. On a water run, the sisters must fight back when they are discovered.”

I Am Your Mother – From Aardman and director Magdalena Osinska, the short features the voices of Maxine Peake as Kalina Kalfus, Charithra Chandran as Annisoukaline Kalfus, Daisy Haggard as Dorota Van Reeple, Bebe Cave as Julan Van Reeple, and Denis Lawson as Wedge Antilles.

“Young pilot Anni, who is embarrassed by her sweet, but clingy mum, must team with her for a madcap family race at the academy. Along the way, their relationship is tested by the elements, their old ship, other racers…and each other!”

Journey to the Dark Head – From Studio Mir and director Hyeong Geun Park, the short stars Jang Ye-na and Ashley Park as Ara, Lee Kyung-tae and Eugene Lee Yang as Toul, Yun Yong-sik, and Daniel Dae Kim as Bichan, Chwang Kwang and Albert Kong as Interpreter, Choi Soo-min and Jonella Landry as Master Duta, Shin Yong-woo and Greg Chun as Master Leesagum, Lim Chae-heon as Training Partner, and Lee So-young and Judy Alice Lee as Master Moru. 

“A hopeful mechanic and disillusioned young Jedi team up for a risky and unlikely quest to turn the tide of the galactic war, but dark forces tail them.”

The Spy Dancer – From Studio La Cachette and writer-director Julien Chheng, the short stars Camille Cottin as Loi’e, Lambert Wilson as Jon, Kaycie Chase as Hetis, Rudi-James Jephcott as The Officer, Barbara Weber-Scaff as Mee’ma, Bruce Sherfield, and Taylor Gasman. 

“The premier dancer at a famous, Imperial-frequented cabaret uses her unique skill-set to spy for the Rebellion, but the presence of a mysterious officer threatens to derail her mission.”

The Bandits of Golak – From 88 Pictures and director Ishan Shukla, the short features the voices of Suraj Sharma as Charuk, Sonal Kaushal as Rani, Neeraj Kabi as Inquisitor, Lillete Dubey as Rugal, Rajeev Raj as Helper, Aviral Kumar as Stormtrooper, and Shivani Darbari as Crowd, with Sahil Vaid, Richard Joel, Sumanto Ray, Ish Thakkar, and Additya Sharma.

“Fleeing from their village by train and pursued by ferocious Imperial forces, a boy and his force-sensitive younger sister seek refuge in a vibrant and dangerous dhaba.”

The Pit – It is co-directed by writer-executive producer LeAndre Thomas and Justin Ridge from D’art Shtajio and Lucasfilm Ltd. It features the voices of Daveed Diggs as Crux, Anika Noni Rose as Eurka, Jordyn Curet as Livy, Cedric Yarbrough as Old Prisoner, Steve Blum as Commander, and Matthew Wood as Stormtroopers. 

“A fearless young prisoner, forced to dig for kyber by the Empire, plans a risky escape for he and his people.”

Aau’s Song – It is written and directed by Nadia Darries and Daniel Clarke from Triggerfish. The short stars Mpilo Jantjie, Dineo Du Toit, Tumisho Masha, Cynthia Erivo, and Faith Baloyi. 

“An alien child who longs to sing is raised by her loving, but stern father to stay quiet because of the calamitous effect her voice has on the crystals in the nearby mines

• Halal 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Star Wars: Visions Volume 2 - Official Trailer
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Star Wars: Visions Volume 2 (May the Fourth) - Official Trailer
  • 4 weeks later...

I didn’t mind the claymation like animation on a couple of them. I enjoyed the different styles we got this year and all of them seem to work for me but the 7th. That animation style didn’t work for me as much, and it came off too kiddish for me at times. Sure we got kiddish ones but the story telling/animation worked. I would rate it a solid 9/10 myself and looks like a 3rd season is happening 

star-wars-visions-vol2-e1683309871927.jp
WWW.COMINGSOON.NET

Star Wars: Visions Season 3 is reportedly in the works at Lucasfilm and Disney+. The first two installments are now available for streaming.

• Halal 4

• 4 months later...

finally got around to watching season 2 of this over the past week and it was fantastic! About on par with season 1, which seemed more space and action-heavy focused, whereas this season seemed more character and planet-heavy focused. I didn't mind the tradeoff and it was nice to see Star Wars go global with more African and South Asian influences. I'm definitely looking forward to a season 3. I'm surprised more on this board aren't watching this given this is probably the best film/TV content Star Wars has put out in a very long time, alongside Rebels, The Last Jedi, Rogue One and Andor. It's not canonical but people should still tune in.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/9/2023 at 2:10 PM, Greatoneshere said:

finally got around to watching season 2 of this over the past week and it was fantastic! About on par with season 1, which seemed more space and action-heavy focused, whereas this season seemed more character and planet-heavy focused. I didn't mind the tradeoff and it was nice to see Star Wars go global with more African and South Asian influences. I'm definitely looking forward to a season 3. I'm surprised more on this board aren't watching this given this is probably the best film/TV content Star Wars has put out in a very long time, alongside Rebels, The Last Jedi, Rogue One and Andor. It's not canonical but people should still tune in.

I also just finished the second season tonight and I wholeheartedly agree this assessment!  This series continues to be a fantastic representation of just how wonderfully creative and emotionally resonant the Star Wars universe can truly be when not artificially constrained by the shackles of canonicity.

This season was definitely elevated over the first for me largely due to the variations in animation and global cultural influences.  The South Asian-influenced episode (The Bandits of Golak) was especially eye-poppingly gorgeous, but each and every one of them is a visual delight to behold in their own right! 

• Hype 1

49 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I also just finished the second season tonight and I wholeheartedly agree this assessment!  This series continues to be a fantastic representation of just how wonderfully creative and emotionally resonant the Star Wars universe can truly be when not artificially constrained by the shackles of canonicity.

This season was definitely elevated over the first for me largely due to the variations in animation and global cultural influences.  The South Asian-influenced episode (The Bandits of Golak) was especially eye-poppingly gorgeous, but each and every one of them is a visual delight to behold in their own right! 

Yeah this is what Star Wars should be, shackled to canonicity or no it doesn't need a "house" style for every project. Really hoping for a season 3 and that more people watch this stuff.