Best/worst regions of the US.

CastletonSnob

On 6/19/2021 at 12:46 AM, Fizzzzle said:

Humidity.

I had a buddy live in Baltimore for 2 years for school. He said the worst thing about living there was the humidity. It's humid in the summer and humid in the winter. Being from the west coast we don't really notice how bad the humidity gets in other places. 

Just now, The def star said:

I had a buddy live in Baltimore for 2 years for school. He said the worst thing about living there was the humidity. It's humid in the summer and humid in the winter. Being from the west coast we don't really notice how bad the humidity gets in other places. 

I can deal with humidity after a while. In Thailand it takes me like a week or two to acclimate, then I'm fine.

The problem I have is that like everything north of North Carolina feels like Thailand in the summer and Greenland in the winter. Even in Portland it rarely ever gets below freezing, and I'm still a pussy about it. Anything below 45 degrees and I become a whiny baby.

6 hours ago, The def star said:

Humid in the winter? Wait...what?

3 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I'm mainly speaking about the beautiful weather all year round. That has to kick ass.

Once you live here for a bit and the temperature gets cold you will become a "wimp"

Further explanation: East coast people, or those who live where it snows or gets cold usually hold it as a bragging right how much cold they can withstand to consider something cold. So maybe occasionally here it drops down to 40 degrees, a person used to cold weather will laugh at that.

However, I worked with someone from Michigan (and Pennsylvania) with the same attitude as that. And once the cold rolled around they admitted that it was cold. :p

That being said I've always had this theory (because I've been in the midwest when it snowed and it wasn't really cold) that we have a "wet" cold and other places usually have a dry cold. So even if the temperature isn't as low as other places, when the air is more moist it makes it feel colder. 👨‍🔬

I’ve only lived in 3 areas:

Southern California. Nice if you can afford it. But if you make like 45k a year, have some hour+ commute, and you rarely take advantage of the geography just fuckin kill yourself it ain’t worth it.

Monterrey California. I lived there at 13-14 in the mid 90s and at the time I hated. There wasn’t shit to do as a teenager. I’d probably love it now but if I can’t afford so cal I certainly can’t afford it there. My aunt and uncle retired to Pismo Beach, if I had money I’d do something similar.

Phoenix suburbs. The summer sucks. But for a backwards red state with low taxes it’s way nicer and cleaner than most of CA. Everyone who visits tells me the same. Even the desert here looks nicer than the desert in CA. AZ is nice but has no personality. Most areas were built in the last 20:years and all look the same. It’s exploding in growth so it’s not as cheap as it was when I got here but it’s still way cheaper than the coasts. I’ve only seen a guy with a gun on their hip at the grocery store less than 10 times. If the summers were better I couldn’t afford to live here either.