The Official E3 2021 MEGA thread! June 12th-15th

Remarkableriots

I’m more excited by the pedigree of what I saw than anything in particular.  But it’s a solid line-up for a 3rd party publisher regardless.  I think they had a better showcase than Ubisoft, even if marginally so.

Forespoken and FFXVI are missing, but I’d bet on TGS.

1 minute ago, legend said:

Guardians looked solid though.

Yes, but that was basically their entire conference and it is still cape shit. It is fuckin SE man. The final fantasy guys. The only new FF shit wasn't even made by them. They didn't even do the shitty "show ffxiv trailer again from months ago" 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Yes, but that was basically their entire conference and it is still cape shit. It is fuckin SE man. The final fantasy guys. The only new FF shit wasn't even made by them. They didn't even do the shitty "show ffxiv trailer again from months ago" 

Hey now, lets be fair. They showed about 3 seconds of the old FF XVI trailer in the final montage!

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Fuckin Zero/Ten. I mean, GOTG did look good, but that was 10 minutes too much. SE shouldn't have even shown up. 

Naw.  Gearbox takes that cake.  SquareEnix had enough to show to have a show.  Just not what we all wanted (FFXVI).

They’d never roll DQ announcements into E3, but if they held off on that showcase, this would have been a lot more fleshed out.

7 minutes ago, Dodger said:

I was really hoping when they said FFI-VI would be a console collection. I think releasing those with trophies/achievements on PSN/XBL would be easy money. I’d probably double dip just to have excuses to play through those again.

They’re going to sell each game individually again.  No thanks.

7 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Well, aside from guardians of the galaxy, that was a waste of time. I’m betting it was crap because whatever they have that is good will be shown at Sony’s event whenever that drops.

True. Some glimmer of a hope that FF16 could happen this year. 

Just now, Dodger said:

Whats the pro announcement?

Switch Pro or New Nintendo Switch or Switch XL

I miss the old format of E3 where all the devs attended, the spectacle, the people, the venue… just everything. This online only stuff just feels lifeless and soulless. I really hope they go back to packing out arenas and just generally making a big deal out of it. Hearing and seeing the whole spectrum of reactions from fans as devs both successfully and unsuccessfully reveal the latest new thing in gaming is sorely missed.