Proof that ICE is diligently protecting us from each and every illegal immigration threat.

She was in Peace Arch Park, how was she unaware she was near the border? There are definitely signs around the park indicating which country you are in.

1 hour ago, sblfilms said:

She was in Peace Arch Park, how was she unaware she was near the border? There are definitely signs around the park indicating which country you are in.

I imagine it has something to do with the fact that she's from France, and also that while there may be signs, you would normally expect an international border to be highly visible (more than just a sign). I'm just speculating though, it would be nice to see actual pictures.

Regardless of that, holding her for two weeks does seem excessive.

1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:

I imagine it has something to do with the fact that she's from France, and also that while there may be signs, you would normally expect an international border to be highly visible (more than just a sign). I'm just speculating though, it would be nice to see actual pictures.

Regardless of that, holding her for two weeks does seem excessive.

It certainly could be. I’ve been to the park before and it seemed exceptionally clear, but the article also says she was visiting her mother to work on her English so what is apparent to a native English speaker might not be to a non-native English speaker.

It seems like the hold up was in the communication between the US and Canadian immigration services, but the article is pretty sparse on details.