Starfield - Information Thread, update: May Update (detailed surface maps, difficulty options, display settings) to release on May 15

SaysWho?

2 hours ago, brucoe said:

I stopped a bank robbery tonight in Akila. Killed all the robbers and not one hostage killed. If this was Skyrim, I probably would have shot all the hostages immediately after they thanked me, kind of like I do when I stop a bank robbery in real life.

I persuaded them all to step down. So no one was killed. :cool:

Got back yesterday and just updated all my games with the latest performance patches and junk and got the puredark dlss3 mod (i’m used to his) installed on my desktop and laptop and it’s running quite nice! I’m sure the driver update yesterday helped as well. Just arrived to New Atlantis and it’s locked quite solid 120fps on my desktop and my laptop is still 80s-90s there, both all maxed out.

9 hours ago, brucoe said:

I stopped a bank robbery tonight in Akila. Killed all the robbers and not one hostage killed. If this was Skyrim, I probably would have shot all the hostages immediately after they thanked me, kind of like I do when I stop a bank robbery in real life.

Same. Slaughtered the robbers in a kill lane coming out the back entrance. The prisoners were easily saved though, they were in the basement vault. 

which then led into the main quest with Sam. 

I didn’t get to play the last two days, was getting in some trout fly fishing before the season closed last night, so tonight im diving back in. 

my Vanguard quest is bugged, so if I can’t complete that, I don’t know where to go next. Maybe finish Ryujin Industries quest.

7 hours ago, Biggie said:

Found my first piece (star suit) of epic ( purple ) gear. Didn’t even know there was different color loot in this game!

I saw something online that implied there were only so many gold colored items. So until I find a duplicate/better version of one I already have I am treating them as unique, one of a kind items and not selling them. 

7 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I persuaded them all to step down. So no one was killed. :cool:

I let them kill the bank manager just to see if they would, but at the time couldn’t pass the skill check to persuade them to stand down, so I had to kill them. 

I have talked myself out of many situations since though. My persuasion was the first skill I maxed out, because I wanted to be a smooth talking scoundrel. … but those persuasion dialog options …oof, not smooth at all. lol 

12 hours ago, Biggie said:

Found my first piece (star suit) of epic ( purple ) gear. Didn’t even know there was different color loot in this game!

I encourage everyone to carefully look at the stats of the more rare gear they find. I found that loot rarity and loot quality seemed pretty random, not always associated directly with the difficulty of the mission or the level of the bad guys around it. I often found terrible rare gear and much better plain gear during the same outing, and since there isn't a DPS number for weapons or a single number for suits, it's not always so simple to judge something as an upgrade.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TwinIon said:

I encourage everyone to carefully look at the stats of the more rare gear they find. I found that loot rarity and loot quality seemed pretty random, not always associated directly with the difficulty of the mission or the level of the bad guys around it. I often found terrible rare gear and much better plain gear during the same outing, and since there isn't a DPS number for weapons or a single number for suits, it's not always so simple to judge something as an upgrade.

I can assure you the Epic space suit not only had better stats than anything I owned it also had an attached perk that was good.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I can assure you the Epic space suit not only had better stats than anything I owned it also had an attached perk that was good.  

I did your mission and I guarantee I saw this but didn't pick it up. I ignore a lot of suits etc. Not anymore. 

5 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I did your mission and I guarantee I saw this but didn't pick it up. I ignore a lot of suits etc. Not anymore. 

Honestly I have stopped looking at everything like things on desk or the ground because 99% it isn't worth shit. But I always checked bodies, especially ones that I was told to kill for a quest. Also I check storage lockers, I have found some cool stuff in them.

2 hours ago, Biggie said:

Honestly I have stopped looking at everything like things on desk or the ground because 99% it isn't worth shit. But I always checked bodies, especially ones that I was told to kill for a quest. Also I check storage lockers, I have found some cool stuff in them.

I got a bunch of rare and epic stuff today. I really took my time to scavenger things out. Most of it is very good so that's cool. 

• Hype 1

3 minutes ago, best3444 said:

How do you romance in this? I want to romance Barret...kidding...either Sarah or Andreja and spoke to them until all dialogue options were gone. Does it just take advancing the story?

@Spawn_of_Apathy 

just takes time. Spending time with the person as your companion is the fastest way, just be sure you say/do things they approve of. If you see “Sarah disliked that” reload and try again. Eventually she will have serious conversations with you. You get a flirt option a few times. Then she will talk to you about a mission. Complete the quest and at the end you have chance to confess your love and start getting that 15% emotional support XP buff. 

Sam, Barret, Sarah, and Andreja all work about the same and they’re all bisexual. You can be platonic or in a relationship.  

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

just takes time. Spending time with the person as your companion is the fastest way, just be sure you say/do things they approve of. If you see “Sarah disliked that” reload and try again. Eventually she will have serious conversations with you. You get a flirt option a few times. Then she will talk to you about a mission. Complete the quest and at the end you have chance to confess your love and start getting that 15% emotional support XP buff. 

Sam, Barret, Sarah, and Andreja all work about the same and they’re all bisexual. You can be platonic or in a relationship.  

Yea, I've been saying things both women "liked". Thanks for the detailed response.

6 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

look, space is minus 270 Celsius. It’s usually a lot bigger. :nervous:

Ok, George Costanza. :p

3 minutes ago, Biggie said:

been playing this for 3 hours after work and my God this game is huge.

It really is overwhelming especially with how many interactions there is. Zelda is huge but basically has no conversations and relationships like this. If this world was cohesive with no loading it would be insane. 

Ok being encumbered all the time is growing old. I have unlocked the skill to expand the number of items I can carry along with a certain piece of equipment that allows me to also carry more but its still not enough. And if being encumbered all the time wasn't enough of a hassle, you can't even fast travel back to your ship to sell stuff if you are over weight. Bad game design. Also I never seem to have enough ammo for my weapons. But overall I am having a blast playing this. 

38 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Ok being encumbered all the time is growing old. 

That's why the first mod I always install in games with encumbrance is something to kill encumbrance. No fiddling around with every body or only picking up the most valuable random items, I just slurp up absolutely everything I come across without a thought in my head and sort it out later!

Bethesda, don't make console users wait for mods again. No one wants to deal with weight limits you shits. 

• Halal 2

57 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Ok being encumbered all the time is growing old. I have unlocked the skill to expand the number of items I can carry along with a certain piece of equipment that allows me to also carry more but its still not enough. And if being encumbered all the time wasn't enough of a hassle, you can't even fast travel back to your ship to sell stuff if you are over weight. Bad game design. Also I never seem to have enough ammo for my weapons. But overall I am having a blast playing this. 

Worse for me because I go back to the ship and the ship storage is full so I just have to drop everything on the floor. :p

26 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Worse for me because I go back to the ship and the ship storage is full so I just have to drop everything on the floor. :p

Yeah and when I drop everything on the floor my companion always says are you sure you wanna do that. Uh yeah bitch I can’t carry all this shit because the game won’t let me. Now go make me a sandwich and be useful. 

26 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Yeah and when I drop everything on the floor my companion always says are you sure you wanna do that. Uh yeah bitch I can’t carry all this shit because the game won’t let me. Now go make me a sandwich and be useful. 

Companion will bitch if you carry too much and then bitch if you dump it. Fuckin bitch!

2 hours ago, Biggie said:

the pocketed perk on armor seems like a bait. It gives you +5 to how much Mass you can carry, but then also adds like 2-3 Mass to the weight of the armor itself. It’s not a free upgrade perk. 

there’s another perk, I forgot the name, but it just straight reduces the weight of a given piece of armor by 3-4 Mass without a draw back. It seems like that perk would be the play instead. 

2 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

the pocketed perk on armor seems like a bait. It gives you +5 to how much Mass you can carry, but then also adds like 2-3 Mass to the weight of the armor itself. It’s not a free upgrade perk. 

there’s another perk, I forgot the name, but it just straight reduces the weight of a given piece of armor by 3-4 Mass without a draw back. It seems like that perk would be the play instead. 

I need to find this perk!