Starfield - Information Thread, update (06/09): "Shattered Space" expansion trailer

SaysWho?

8 minutes ago, stepee said:

How are you liking the game so far?

I'm digging it but it's not intuitive at all. I'm nine hours in and still figuring out basic shit. Bethesda has been really bad about this kind of stuff starting with Fallout 4. I think once I've learned all of the mechanics, including basic shit, I'll enjoy the game a lot more. I feel like following the main questline is the best way to learn how to do shit so aside from few sidequests, I'm gonna focus on the main quests before really doing any exploring.

• Thanks 1
  • True 1

1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I'm digging it but it's not intuitive at all. I'm nine hours in and still figuring out basic shit. Bethesda has been really bad about this kind of stuff starting with Fallout 4. I think once I've learned all of the mechanics, including basic shit, I'll enjoy the game a lot more. I feel like following the main questline is the best way to learn how to do shit so aside from few sidequests, I'm gonna focus on the main quests before really doing any exploring.

Sounds right for me so far, thank you!

• Halal 1

Pretty sure you could be called Fuckface in Fallout 4 as well. Codsworth has a bunch of recorded names.

WWW.GAMEZONE.COM

By now, you've probably seen countless videos online of Fallout 4's companion robot butler, Codsworth, attempting to say your character's name in-game. It's a relatively small feature in the grand scheme of things, but let's face it, everyone wants to know if their name ...

4 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

BTW Vasco's voice is A.I. Generated apparently so he'll call you by pretty much any name you give him

REALLY wish I knew this before creating my character.

He did NOT say Xbob! Is my name blacklisted? Or maybe I just didn't pay attention.

1 minute ago, best3444 said:

The only opinion that matters in here is xbob's!

My opinion doesn't even matter to me, it surely shouldn't matter to anyone else!

1 minute ago, Xbob42 said:

My opinion doesn't even matter to me, it surely shouldn't matter to anyone else!

I was actually not being sarcastic because you make great points. I think sometimes you're a bit over critical but everything you do say is valid. 

I'm the weirdest fucker on here about games and my opinions change by the hour.  😆 

On 8/31/2023 at 12:34 PM, Firewithin said:

PC perf seems to be all over the place right now.  some said they barely got 60fps/1080 on a 3080 while some have had benchmarks looking OK?  more 2023 gaming fuckery lol

im hoping i get lucky like i did with jedi knight and no problems

edit:  DF please save us

probably already covered to death, but definitely their CPU from what I can tell. I have a 3070ti and I get above 60fps just about everywhere but New Atlantis. Indoor zones I’m often at 120fps. 

wow, the FOV mod is a life saver. I was getting headaches playing at the stock FOV. 

• Halal 1

52 minutes ago, Dodger said:

Whenever anyone figured out what the big fuss about NG+ is post it in spoiler tags or something. I want to see what the big deal is.

I've honestly heard about five completely different reactions about NG+ ranging from "it's nothing special" to "OMGWTFBBQ - THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING!!!" and the explanations that I've read still leave me confused.

9 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

Overall though, I gotta say the game is solid. Certainly better than any Fallout’s since 3. The story is actually interesting as well.

And so far, no crashes. 

God I hope I feel that way. Bethesda hasn't wowed me in the slightest since Skyrim. Everything else since  has been try hard mediocrity 

31 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I've honestly heard about five completely different reactions about NG+ ranging from "it's nothing special" to "OMGWTFBBQ - THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING!!!" and the explanations that I've read still leave me confused.

I’ve heard a lot of you need to rush the main story and then do NG+ take’s because that’s where Dark Souls Starfield really begins so I want to know what the deal is

I will say that adding 10,000 to my carrying capacity was, as in all Bethesda games, the best choice. I can just loot whatever and not have to do this pack mule bullshit every 20 minutes. Carrying capacity is gameplay like getting your dick stuck in a blender is sex.

• Halal 1

1 hour ago, Dodger said:

Whenever anyone figured out what the big fuss about NG+ is post it in spoiler tags or something. I want to see what the big deal is.

This should just about cover it. Jump to 1:48 if it doesn't start there.

Spoiler

• Halal 1

Ok. Wtf am I doing wrong?? Some cities I can only land at if I have a quest to select from the mission menu, while others I can land at from the system map looking at the planet and selecting a destination. Like I cannot land at New Atlantis. I can land everywhere there isn’t a city, but can’t land at the at the landing pad for the city. 

Wow, Earth was done incredibly lazily. "It's just an empty flat rock with no signs of anything ever on the surface." Like... dude, it's been a couple hundred years, not 500,000. And even 500,000's on the low end of "the entire surface is basically Mars."

0qnQM1U.jpg

Least I can boost up really high on the moon. Upgraded boosters to max a while back, which kind of lets you skip across landscapes a bit, hoping with better boosters later on it'll be even better. Think I hit some invisible ceiling on the moon, though, because I couldn't get any higher than this even after 2-3 minutes of boostin'.

23 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Wow, Earth was done incredibly lazily. "It's just an empty flat rock with no signs of anything ever on the surface." Like... dude, it's been a couple hundred years, not 500,000. And even 500,000's on the low end of "the entire surface is basically Mars."

Or maybe in 100 years we will get to that point very quickly. 🤔

17 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Or maybe in 100 years we will get to that point very quickly. 🤔

Even if we had turbo nuclear war and a dramatically accelerated global warming I couldn't see anything like this that quickly. Maybe if the Earth had a crater the size of Australia or something. The damn thing is flatter and more lifeless than the moon!

GWUFnmv.png

Never mind it just "lost its atmosphere"

4 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

I think a lot of the wilderness especially looks kinda bad, but the cities look pretty good and a lot of the interiors are genuinely great. So that's a big step up. Hope it's not just the early-game stuff that got all the attention.

Yes! Exactly my thoughts on the visuals. 

11 hours ago, stepee said:

oy keeps crashing on my laptop now, probably shouldn’t have bought early access after i knew it was finicky 

Turn some settings off and play this.