Starfield - Information Thread, update (06/09): "Shattered Space" expansion trailer

SaysWho?

From the IGN review:

When I discovered that so much of space flight is effectively a series of non-interactive cutscenes, it largely shattered the illusion of exploring a vast universe. It’s impossible not to compare Starfield to the way you freely enter and exit planets’ atmosphere in No Man’s Sky, so it’s a bit of a letdown every time you see a planet and remember it’s just a picture of a planet you’ll never be able to reach by flying toward it. It’s something that happens a lot.

That literally sounds like something out of the PS1 era :lol:

19 minutes ago, nublood said:

From the IGN review:

That literally sounds like something out of the PS1 era :lol:

so it’s basically what everyone expected from the trailers using the same canned cutscene to depart the planet. Huh. Between this and calling and Indy dev writer the reason AAA development is lazy and greed filled and should just try harder, beginning to think IGN are full of morons. 

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

While that's usually the case, I'm not sure if that would be possible with the Game Pass version as those files tend to be somewhat non-standard or you simply can't access the .ini file.

does this mean many mods won’t work if you’re using the Game Pass version? 

13 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

does this mean many mods won’t work if you’re using the Game Pass version? 

I honestly don't know how well mods "play" with the PC games in the Game Pass ecosystem.

In the (highly unlikely) event that I would decide to play Starfield, I'd opt for the Steam version rather than the PC Game Pass version (not that I actually subscribe to Game Pass anyway).

• True 1

2 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Do you have gamepass? If you have 35 bucks you can buy the premium upgrade and start playing now.

Yea. I have gamepass but embarrassingly enough I don't have $35. At midnight I get paid so then I can get the free access. 

I won't play it until tomorrow evening. 

3 minutes ago, best3444 said:

@skillzdadirecta I'm on gamepass and there are three different versions to get.

Starfield premium edition  $99.99

Starfield Standard edition $69.99

Starfield Premium  edition upgrade $31.49

Which one do I get for the early access? Nothing in these descriptions say anything about playing early?

I'll give you a hint:  it's not the cheapest version that gives you "Early Access".

• Halal 1