New Switch revision to use new Nvidia chip supporting DLSS

crispy4000

4 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

$400 to play existing catalog at a steady frame rate and give games like Metroid 4 a chance to run decent?

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

I haven’t played hardly any PS5 or Series X games and find the PS5 and Series X completely worth it just to have PS4/Xbone games run like they should. I feel like a Switch update that lets my Switch games not run like hot garbage is totally worth the price!

Also I’m getting one even if it’s $400, if it makes it so switch is actually viable to me on tv and it makes more demanding games run properly, I will more than happily hand that over. 

I’ll also pay $300 when they release the switch pro lite as well.

28 minutes ago, stepee said:

Also I’m getting one even if it’s $400, if it makes it so switch is actually viable to me on tv and it makes more demanding games run properly, I will more than happily hand that over. 

I’ll also pay $300 when they release the switch pro lite as well.

You will also buy the LE Retro NES style Switch pro lite!

3 hours ago, stepee said:

They better not pull a nintendo and do something like make dlss only run off docked mode and then just not improve the rest much inside.

Because of this comment it will have multiple unused expansion ports. 

I won’t buy this unless it is an actual new console - not an improved iteration.

However, after seeing the mention of Metroid Prime, how have we still not had a Prime collection (offering regular or motion for the first two games) - along with ports of Zero Mission and Samus Returns. 

I still want to finish MP, but it’s not great via the GC and I’m not overly keen on buying a Wii game in my Wii U to play with the wiimote and nunchuck.

• 5 months later...

The Nvidia Jetson Xavier NX has tensor cores (Volta architecture) so I wonder if it can do DLSS.

If so, that makes me think you could build a little box sitting between your TV and something like a Switch, intercepting the videos, upscaling it to 4K, and then sending to the TV.

Not sure how much latency that would introduce, nor if there would be annoying HDCP issues to resolve.