South ParQ Vaccination Special to air March 10

SaysWho?

• 3 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I watched it... it was... ok I guess?

Typically, the more time they work on an episode, the worse it is. The submitting/finishing eps at the last possible second is one of the reasons the show has, for the most part, remained funny, as it stops Matt and Trey’s “perfectionist” nature from affecting the overall episode. Just something I’ve personally noticed.

1 minute ago, Spork3245 said:

Typically, the more time they work on an episode, the worse it is. The submitting/finishing eps at the last possible second is one of the reasons the show has, for the most part, remained funny, as it stops Matt and Trey’s “perfectionist” nature from affecting the overall episode. Just something I’ve personally noticed.

i actually agree with this... they probably second guess themselves to death when their first instincts are probably the best ones. The episode seemed cool until the last act or so. The resolution was really lame.

4 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

i actually agree with this... they probably second guess themselves to death when their first instincts are probably the best ones. The episode seemed cool until the last act or so. The resolution was really lame.

Don’t spoil it for me, can’t watch until tonight, BUT, I already had a feeling they would second guess themselves and “both-sides” some stuff like they did in the pandemic special regarding masks.

I've been watching a lot of older South Parks lately on HBO Max. I think the series peaked for me around season 7 through 10. Those seasons I can watch almost every episode and find them hilarious. After that there are good ones sprinkled about.  I lost total interest in the show the last couple of seasons though. The continuing story episode to episode doesn't do it for me.

I'll have to check this out tonight. 

3 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I watched it... it was... ok I guess?

So pretty similar to the last decade or so of South Park?

I haven't watched yet. I will, and then I will be mildly entertained for 22 minutes and then immedietly forget everything I just watched.

2 hours ago, Mercury33 said:

To be fair I think Imaginationland and the Coon arc’s were fantastic. I assume those were planned out ahead of time. 

The basics were, the episodes were created and submitted the week/day of. With Black Friday and Coon & Friends they actually didn't even know how many parts it would be when the started the first ep.

1 hour ago, DarkStar189 said:

I've been watching a lot of older South Parks lately on HBO Max. I think the series peaked for me around season 7 through 10. Those seasons I can watch almost every episode and find them hilarious. After that there are good ones sprinkled about.  I lost total interest in the show the last couple of seasons though. The continuing story episode to episode doesn't do it for me.

I'll have to check this out tonight. 

I agree; consistency is basically the only thing that changed as the highs in South Park are still quite high,. 5 - 10 I think were the golden period, but 11 - 15 had good episodes. I think 16 was actually a pretty strong season overall; I watched the "Randy Marsh buys Blockbuster video" episode either last Halloween or the one before and just about died laughing. 

1 hour ago, SaysWho? said:

I agree; consistency is basically the only thing that changed as the highs in South Park are still quite high,. 5 - 10 I think were the golden period, but 11 - 15 had good episodes. I think 16 was actually a pretty strong season overall; I watched the "Randy Marsh buys Blockbuster video" episode either last Halloween or the one before and just about died laughing. 

I just watched that episode the other night :lol: love it so much. Blockbuster was such a big part of my childhood between movies and games. The Shining twist just topped it off. 

• Like 1

I tend to think South Park peaked a little later than others. Probably 8-12. I find the first four seasons nearly unwatchable with 5,6, and 7 each progressively having one or two good episodes over the prior season. Not a fan of the early days mecha-Streisand randomness. I think South Park is at it's best when it takes a real issue and mixes it with something pop culture or the kids themselves.

I will watch some earlier episodes, but when I go for rewatches I essentially consider Good Times with Weapons to be the start of the show.

17 hours ago, Chairslinger said:

I tend to think South Park peaked a little later than others. Probably 8-12. I find the first four seasons nearly unwatchable with 5,6, and 7 each progressively having one or two good episodes over the prior season. Not a fan of the early days mecha-Streisand randomness. I think South Park is at it's best when it takes a real issue and mixes it with something pop culture or the kids themselves.

I will watch some earlier episodes, but when I go for rewatches I essentially consider Good Times with Weapons to be the start of the show.

Season 1 has one good episode in the last one, I think, with Cartman's mom. I watched a bunch of them and there's not much quality there.

Season 9 is one I always heard people shit on compared to 5 - 8, considering it a step down overall with a couple exceptions. I dunno, I liked it. I'll never not find it funny that Cartman's first thought to the boys ignoring him is that he must have died.

I need to rewatch the last 10-20min of the episode because it was late and I fell asleep and missed like 5 min somewhere in there. The only thing I really laughed at so far was the old people. Real life is crazy enough that most of what South Park is trying to poke fun at in this special just doesn't do anything for me. 

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 8/5/2021 at 9:18 AM, ort said:
south_park_character_art_3300.jpg
WWW.POLYGON.COM

The movies come as part of a massive deal between the South Park creators and ViacomCBS

14 movies?!???!

south-park-4.jpg?w=1024
WWW.HOLLYWOODREPORTER.COM

Trey Parker and Matt Stone signed a $900 million ViacomCBS deal over the summer for 14 franchise projects specifically for the streaming service, two of which drop this year.

Parker and Stone clarify that the Paramount+ projects are not feature films, but they are also not the longform South Park specials released on Comedy Central during the pandemic.

“With Viacom, we realized we could make them as long or as short as we needed,” Parker says of the upcoming projects. “And they then went and called them movies. They are the ones who said we are giving them 14 movies in seven years. All I can say is for me, personally, I am 52 years old, I have made three movies in my life. So you do the math.” 

Adds Stone, “We’re trying to make what’s on Paramount+ different from anywhere else, so hour long made-for-TV movies is where our head is at. We’ll do two made-for-TV movies every year. They will be big, but they are not quite movie scale.”