Giant Bomb and Gamespot sold to Red Ventures

Brian

• Brian changed the title to Giant Bomb and Gamespot sold to Red Ventures
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Paperclyp said:

If they fuck up Giant Bomb I’ll be pissed. They are a constant form of entertainment in my week. 

I’m not ready for the day Vinny decides all this shit isn’t worth it and becomes a producer or something behind the scenes. 

Like @The def star mentioned they have a subscription model so it's hard to say how hard anyone from Giant Bomb will be affected or if they will.

I wonder how much money is being saved with them not working in an office building now. If they were on the chopping block, hopefully that is something that will work in their favor. But I also don't want to see them working from home forever after "Covid is over".  I found their videos much more entertaining when they were together. :/ Hoping for the best. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

So Abby said she is leaving but it was because she wanted to leave, the selling of the company was a good jumping off point.

That’s both shit but in the last few months it does feel like she’s better at being part of the conversation, rather than contributing to it (the last few weeks especially have felt like she has only been playing games for an hour a day, mainly Fortnite, whilst the others have been carrying on with it as their main job). I’ll watch her where she goes however.

On 9/15/2020 at 3:44 AM, The def star said:

Other than listening to Jeff Bakalar on the Bombcast I don't think I ever really check out CNET's website or articles anymore. Hopefully the GB stays intact since their model is supported by subscriptions.

I think David Katzmaier's TV reviews are about the only reason to visit CNet these days.  

9 hours ago, gamer.tv said:

That’s both shit but in the last few months it does feel like she’s better at being part of the conversation, rather than contributing to it (the last few weeks especially have felt like she has only been playing games for an hour a day, mainly Fortnite, whilst the others have been carrying on with it as their main job). I’ll watch her where she goes however.

She's had a lot of content I thought. That L4D stream, the two Phantaphobia streams her regular Nancy Drew type streams. Previously she had the 100 sim baby challenge thing. She's probably had more than a lot of other people on the site in fact.

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

She's had a lot of content I thought. That L4D stream, the two Phantaphobia streams her regular Nancy Drew type streams. Previously she had the 100 sim baby challenge thing. She's probably had more than a lot of other people on the site in fact.

I was mainly referring to the Podcast itself. I might be the minority but bar the off quick look I don’t access much GB media.

• Sad 1

I don’t take in any GB content outside of the podcasts, but I really liked having her on there.  She was funny and provided a needed break in largely the same viewpoint from everyone else.  I always felt like people gave her a ton of unnecessary shit for how she talked about things when the original crew weren’t exactly wordsmiths.  

The only video content I would watch was six crazy frights each year, and I will be truly sad to see it go after this year.  That shit was completely fantastic and the VR year was perfection.