Some guns are okay to ban

34 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Or gun manufacturers.

That's not necessarily true.  A 3-d printed AR-15 lower receiver will still need to be finished off with several hundred (or more) dollars worth of stuff like the barrel, upper receiver, bolt, trigger group, etc.  

54 minutes ago, Slug said:

The plans should be available freely to anyone, but if you are selling an actual weapon you should need an FFL as with any other retail gun.

That's the way it works right now.  You can make your own gun, whether that means 3-d printing it, milling it out on a CNC machine, or building it out of Home Depot parts for $20, but you cannot go and sell it once it has been built.  You cannot sell it after you make it. 

I'd care more about 3-D printed guns if it weren't easier to just buy one and for a lot less.  Semi-auto mag fed weapons need to be heavily restricted before any of this is going to matter.  I'm actually all for someone releasing a design that intentionally explodes and seriously injures the person who fires it.

4 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I'm sure no one will sell any 3D printed guns. Everyone who makes them are angels.

But what's your point?  "Angels" aren't adhering to the laws on buying and selling guns right now concerning non-homemade firearms. It's simply another law that the law abiding follow, and the criminals don't.  

1 minute ago, mclumber1 said:

But what's your point?  "Angels" aren't adhering to the laws on buying and selling guns right now concerning non-homemade firearms. It's simply another law that the law abiding follow, and the criminals don't.  

Kind of like laws against murder. I've always advocating eliminating them.

2 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Kind of like laws against murder. I've always advocating eliminating them.

Laws against murder, much like laws against XYZ are more for punishing the offender than they are for prevention of the crime in the first place in my opinion. 

Just now, mclumber1 said:

Laws against murder, much like laws against XYZ are more for punishing the offender than they are for prevention of the crime in the first place in my opinion. 

Laws against murder, theft, what have you, are made for punishment but also made as a deterrent. Any argument saying, "Criminals won't follow the law," is an argument against laws and for anarchy.

18 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

Did I miss something? I thought all that happened with the 3D printed gun thing was that the guys that made it are allowed to post the plans for the guns, not print and sell them.

Correct.  Current law allows you to manufacture your own guns, whether that means using 3d printers or hacksaws.  What you are not allowed to do is resell the guns you make without being a licensed gun dealer. 

2 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

Laws against murder, theft, what have you, are made for punishment but also made as a deterrent. Any argument saying, "Criminals won't follow the law," is an argument against laws and for anarchy.

Okay it's still illegal to sell a ghost gun though.

So like, what's the issue?