Halo Infinite - Information Thread, update (01/15/24): Certain Affinity's battle royale project reportedly cancelled, UE5-based campaign project in development since 2022

JPDunks4

I wish leakers would have some integrity. It's one thing to leak rumored games in development, but leaking stuff like the upcoming anniversary event just spoil everyone's fun. It becomes more about the speculation than the event. If for whatever reason they don't hold up to the rumor hype then it's labeled "disappointing." I would honestly loathe having to put together any kind of streaming event for MS or Sony. 

EDIT: Also with the rumored backtracking of the other rumor, it would be funny as shit if MS was putting out false info to see where the hole in their ship is.

1 minute ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

I wish leakers would have some integrity. It's one thing to leak rumored games in development, but leaking stuff like the upcoming anniversary event just spoil everyone's fun. It becomes more about the speculation than the event. If for whatever reason they don't hold up to the rumor hype then it's labeled "disappointing." I would honestly loathe having to put together any kind of streaming event for MS or Sony. 

Once you condition yourself to not give a shit about spoilers the internet becomes a better place. :p

3 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

In addition to the rumors of an early release of the multiplayer, it's been suggested that a campaign demo will release along with the multiplayer.

Also, the OST has leaked:

Gotta say that I really like this OST quite a bit, especially the remixes of themes from previous Halo titles.

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Gotta say that I really like this OST quite a bit, especially the remixes of themes from previous Halo titles.

Yeah the soundtrack is going a long way toward building my hype for a Halo game for the first time since Reach. If they wanted to reclaim the feeling of the original Halos, nailing the music was critical, and they're largely doing a bang up job.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Halo Infinite (8 December 2021) - Information Thread, update: Azure Server Meltdown Watch
4 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I'm confused. Please forgive my laziness and ignorance. When is Halo Infinite releasing and what all comes with the package?

For the 100th time.

Halo Infinite (the campaign) comes out on the 8th

The rumor is the multiplayer is supposed to drop today, but if it doesn't it will release alongside the campaign.

Forge Mode and co-op campaign were delayed.

• Thanks 1

Apparently this release today ran into a huge hiccup this weekend during testing and still a small chance won’t happen. While play testing the multiplayer, some were able to access the main storyline details. So they had the team in on the weekend to patch this up (suppose to of been huge) Reason why Pringles had a countdown clock on their site suddenly disappear for the game on The weekend. Reports are that they have successfully fixed this error and that they will have multiplayer announced for release at today’s 1pm announcement 

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Halo Infinite (8 December 2021) - Information Thread, update: Multiplayer to officially launch today!
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Halo Infinite (8 December 2021) - Information Thread, update: Multiplayer Beta now available (all platforms)
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Halo Infinite (8 December 2021) - Information Thread, update: Multiplayer Beta now available (all platforms)
1 minute ago, Patatat said:

Blue screen on gamepass app on PC.

I wonder if I should just install on steam.

Is this confirmed free to play after launch indefinitely for steam or is that only for gamepass members via the Xbox app?

I'd suggest just installing through Steam.

It's going to be F2P indefinitely for all platforms.

2 minutes ago, Patatat said:

Blue screen on gamepass app on PC.

I wonder if I should just install on steam.

Is this confirmed free to play after launch indefinitely for steam or is that only for gamepass members via the Xbox app?

You will need to update the game on the game pass app. Or uninstall and reinstall. The initial download was 280 MB but they pushed out the update to make it 27GB.