My g/f and I played Overcooked for the first time yesterday and had a blast, BUT...

SaysWho?

Because it's only couch co-op, sheesh, were we wishing we had extra hands to wash fucking dishes while I chopped shit up. :lol: 

Does Overcooked 2 support a mix of couch co-op and online, where we can play together with two other online players? Because we had a blast getting our ass kicked, particularly since she's not really a gamer so she was making some mistakes (though I gotta say I was impressed with how quickly she caught on).

I may just straight-up buy it so we can co-op the game; it's some fun fucking stuff! :dancing:

I think OC 2 has online.

If you have the game on steam (you don’t) you can play local co-op remotely :o 

Game is fun but you really need 4 people to get anywhere, especially if you’re going for 3 stars.

And no your friend’s stoned uncoordinated sister won’t help you if you’re looking for a 4th. :p 

1 minute ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I think OC 2 has online.

If you have the game on steam (you don’t) you can play local co-op remotely :o 

Game is fun but you really need 4 people to get anywhere, especially if you’re going for 3 stars.

And no your friend’s stoned uncoordinated sister won’t help you if you’re looking for a 4th. :p 

Haha.

I know OC2 has online, but I don't know if it's one of those onlines where I can have one co-op partner and two online ones.

From the steam page

How many players does Overcooked! 2 support?
Overcooked! 2 supports up to four players in either local or online play. On Nintendo Switch, we also support wireless multiplayer for up to four players.

With up to three local players sharing a console or computer it is then possible to also play with other players online. On Nintendo Switch, when two or three players are in the game locally, online friends can search for and join their game. On Steam, PS4 and Xbox other players can join a game online through matchmaking.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, eggydoo said:

Been awhile since I played but doesn't it get harder as you have more players?

Yeah 4 players is tough. 3 is the sweet spot as you can usually have the best player handling two tasks and the other two handling singular tasks.

4 players is too hard for me, as our situation is usually one decent player, two that are casual gamers at best, and one that needs constant reminders of which button is the A button.

In other words, when the best player on the team is ME, we're in deep shit lol.

• Haha 2

I was playing this game this weekend with my 7 yo son... it was... stressful...

It feels like playing the yard work simulator from the Simpsons. I was like, how come I can't get you to set the damn table but you'll wash virtual dishes all day long?

5 minutes ago, ort said:

I was playing this game this weekend with my 7 yo son... it was... stressful...

It feels like playing the yard work simulator from the Simpsons. I was like, how come I can't get you to set the damn table but you'll wash virtual dishes all day long?

I hear ya. But my wife chops vegetables in reality the same way they do in the game. So i'd rather her limit herself to the virtual kitchen, especially since she keeps setting it on fire.

2 hours ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

Yeah 4 players is tough. 3 is the sweet spot as you can usually have the best player handling two tasks and the other two handling singular tasks.

4 players is too hard for me, as our situation is usually one decent player, two that are casual gamers at best, and one that needs constant reminders of which button is the A button.

I think the same thing whenever I'm leading the team in a competitive game.

2 hours ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

I was impressed she was figuring it out. I mean, she's smart, and it's just three buttons, and she has experience with 16-bit games. But still, sometimes you wonder if they'll handle the controller or not. :p 

We started to test strategies that worked for a given level. The first game she played with me until the end was Until Dawn since I controlled the character and she made the decisions. That was great. This is cool because she can also be involved in the game at the same time doing stuff for me.

7 hours ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

I've played with 3 good gamers before and there is a point where you just need a 4th.

17 hours ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

I hear ya. But my wife chops vegetables in reality the same way they do in the game. So i'd rather her limit herself to the virtual kitchen, especially since she keeps setting it on fire.

I laughed when shit was on fire. It took us a bit to realize the game was showing us where the fire extinguisher was on the pirate boat. :lol: 

Gee zuz, it really does get harder.

I'm not even talking as much about the level design, though that part is true. But you need more and more stars to proceed to new levels, and so many times, we're like, "Man, if only we had a third person to wash the damn dishes while we're prepping the food so we could reach the next star." Going back and getting a third star on some of these levels is no easy feat.

I think we found a person who'll play with us soon, but Overcooked 2 should solve many of those problems with the online component. She REALLY digs the game! 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...