Houston Chronicle: Beto, come home. Texas needs you.

This op-ed from the Houston Chronicle has been making its rounds. Thoughts?

O’Rourke has had these moments before. Last year, he was asked if he supported Colin Kaepernick, the NFL quarterback whose protests by kneeling during the national anthem sparked a nationwide conversation. Instead of giving a safe, wishy-washy answer, he gave a heartfelt yes: “I can think of nothing more American than to peacefully stand up or take a knee for your rights, any time, anywhere, in any place.”

It went viral, the way his answer last Sunday did. We aren’t used to seeing candidates act like real people.

Frankly, it’s made us wish O’Rourke would shift gears, and rather than unpause his presidential campaign, we’d like to see him take a new direction.

So Beto, if you’re listening: Come home. Drop out of the race for president and come back to Texas to run for senator. The chances of winning the race you’re in now are vanishingly small. And Texas needs you.

He never should have gone in for President. He should have gone for Senate originally. 

The good thing is he did get extra exposure in the debates and media. With op-Ed’s like these he can drop out and say it is because Texas needs him more and he can do the best good representing Texas. He can point to the call to come home and save face. He’s dropping out because he can’t win, he’s going where he is needed more. 

Or at lesst some kind of spin like that. 

6 hours ago, MarSolo said:

That interview where he flipped on the press after the shootings raised his stock.

not sure if that is true or not, but that 'real' video he did of him changing a tire will undo any 'good' he did himself. WTF is he thinking? 

People loved me when they saw me skateboard....so let's see...what next  :thinking: how about they go with me to the dentist? No? ok, how about they go with me to get my haircut? No? Pushup contest at the airport? No? really? I could have sworn that would work...okay this is sure to get them....I'll change a tire! :silly:

If the dude couldn’t beat Ted Cruz, he will be comfortably defeated by Cornyn. No one likes Ted Cruz here (moderates and many conservatives alike) and he still won. Asking Beto to race against Cornyn is asking him to surely lose and ultimately damage his brand worse than him shooting for the presidency now.