Good News, Everyone! D.C. Averages A Week Of 100-Degree Days. Climate Change Could Make That Two Months.

11 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

100 degrees is quite nice as long as the humidity is below 20%.  I can say this as I live Las Vegas. :cool:  West coast is the best coast.

It really baffles my friends back East when I bitch about how nasty it is when it gets to 30-35% humidity out here. 

9 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

100 degrees is quite nice as long as the humidity is below 20%.  I can say this as I live Las Vegas. :cool:  West coast is the best coast.

I was in Vegas last year, and as soon as I got out of the airport, it was about 11 PM, and it was still 90 degrees.  I still felt pretty hot and miserable.  

Then again, I just got off of a long plane ride, feeling sleepy, sweaty, hungry, and in huge need of a bathroom, so make of that what you will. :p

1 minute ago, johnny said:

100 degrees is awful no matter the humidity 

I usually go for walks in the evening and it's still well above 100 degrees.  But the sun is no longer on you.  You definitely feel the heat at first, but as soon as your body starts sweating, you immediately start cooling down.  It's dry enough here that your sweat pretty much evaporates instantly, so you stay dry for the most part.  I'd rather spend the day at 100 degrees and 10% humidity than 80 degrees and 80 percent humidity. 

9 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

I usually go for walks in the evening and it's still well above 100 degrees.  But the sun is no longer on you.  You definitely feel the heat at first, but as soon as your body starts sweating, you immediately start cooling down.  It's dry enough here that your sweat pretty much evaporates instantly, so you stay dry for the most part.  I'd rather spend the day at 100 degrees and 10% humidity than 80 degrees and 80 percent humidity. 

I’d rather live in the bay and be uncomfortable outside like three days out of the year lol 

20 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

I'm not adapting to this heat as well as you. It's 112 today. I don't care how dry of a heat it is, it still sucks. 

I made a week of it in New Orleans and by god that was some of the ugliest heat I have ever been in. Wake up at 7-8am and it was over 100 with the humidity. Except for the last day my sister and I were there, the humidity never dipped below 130. I believe for 2 days we were 146 with the humidity and I couldn’t wipe the sweat off my arms. I’d try but my arms would just bead right back up. I think this week in southern Ontario we are 100-110+ humidity and are getting the tail end of Barry tomorrow too, and are warning us for the potential of some really bad storms

On 7/16/2019 at 4:31 PM, mclumber1 said:

I have been to Thailand twice this year and 100 degrees there is better than 90 degrees in Indiana :epilepsy:

54 minutes ago, DPCyric said:

I have been to Thailand twice this year and 100 degrees there is better than 90 degrees in Indiana :epilepsy:

A projectionist I use to work with (sadly passed away a couple years ago) was from India. Anytime we had this hot and humid weather he would still come to work in Pants and was sort of against whole shorts thing in general. Still complain about the heat but I think only twice did I ever see him in shorts in the 10 years I knew him. Me on the other hand am against pants and will even go to work in a snow storm in shorts

You can tell something is very wrong as heat is being distributed around the continent. Texas has yet to have consecutive days over 100. I think we’ve only had one in the DFW area. I mean with the heat index it goes over 100, but in actual temp it is just in the high 90s. 

We've had far hotter summers in the past. However that used to happen when the north was in the 80s. Also we’ve had relatively warm winters. We barely drop below freezing at all now in the winter.