Animal Crossing: New Horizons (20 March 2020) OT - Island Getaway

5 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

What if I want to be cumbered when I run through it?

There’s two different design styles most people use in AC:

• Style: chairs are placed against tables, night stands wedged against beds, items placed so that they look visually correct, but your character is unable to interact with them because there’s no space between the items. The layout is simply for show. It looks nicer, for the most part, but doesn’t allow you to “play” the game. 

• Functionality: This is the opposite—items are spaced further apart, and might look a little goofy visually because of the relative size of the characters in the game. But your character can more freely move between objects, can interact with items on tables, can sit in the chairs, and more or less can “play” the game. 

Perhaps “play” isn’t the right word—I mean it as a verb. There’s no one right way to play the game. There’s even an in between of sorts where objects are more closely placed together and your character kind of sideways hops between the objects. 

I say all this, because early on I made the decision about my island that I never wanted anyone on my island to feel stuck, or not know how to access a certain area. There’s also no need for vaults or ladders on my island. I didn’t want someone to get to one location, realize they can’t get through, and then have to go back and find another way. This holds true on my island for all areas with the sole exception of the second row of seating in the arena—once you get to the back there, you have to turn around. 

So, this goes back to the backyards. It all depends on how much accessibility you want. In my opinion, and I don’t even have this on my island, my favorite house/yard styling is a San Francisco hills type set up, where the first row of houses backs to a raised level, and the second row of houses is behind that. For the most part, side yards do the trick and look really nice, but I have seen a few nice backyards where you’re still able to see everything either because the objects are more off to the side, or because they’re placed a few spots behind the back of the house so everything is more visible. 

The best thing about this game is that it’s all completely changeable! At some point, I’m going to make the arena completely unusable so it looks more real with row upon row of seats... you just won’t be able to sit in any of them. 

And I’m for sure going to majorly fuck with my island come October with dead ends and puzzles and things that go bump in the night! :devil:

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

It would be more fun if we were best friend so I could use tools. Every time I go to my nephews islands I bury bells all over the island :p 

And here all I do is walk up to people and plants trees. :lol:

I’ll also randomly plant trees in really obvious and inconvenient spots when the Island owner isn’t looking. Basically, I’m the best kind of best friend! :D

2 hours ago, EternallDarkness said:

It would be more fun if we were best friend so I could use tools. Every time I go to my nephews islands I bury bells all over the island :p 

I didn't realize that best friends had a different set of permissions when visiting each other's islands. I guess it never occurred to me to even try to dig up or bury anything before.

57 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

My turnips are 110, somehow worse than last week which ended at 45 :|

My turnips are going for 95. If anyone is interested, I've opened my gates and trapped the little snot nose in my park just to the left of the airport.

Anyone want any of these DIYs? I got rid of my previous batch and now they've piled up again.

Wild log bench

Gold bars

Iron garden bench

Pot

Trophy case

Most garden rock

Ironwood chair

Terrarium

Sandy Beach flooring

Knitted grass backpack

Peach rug

Wooden end table

Ironwood dresser...I swear I get a new one of these every week

Tammy started wearing my dress last night and it looked good.

Then this morning Sprinkles started wearing the dress but it didn't look quite as good on her.

I guess I'll need to make another dress

I'd take that Terrarium DIY since Monkey stole it last time like a bastard!

to clarify as far as other players "inviting villagers"

if i have someone moving out of my town i can invite another player to chat them up and invite them to their town correct?

question is....if i have a camper that looks like a lion gene shalit..is it possible for someone to visit my town and have them invite him to their town that way?

also Shere Khan should be a villager.... he can be as stuck up as Klaus

2 minutes ago, 5timechamp said:

if i have someone moving out of my town i can invite another player to chat them up and invite them to their town correct?

Correct, but they need an empty house for them to move into

2 minutes ago, 5timechamp said:

question is....if i have a camper that looks like a lion gene shalit..is it possible for someone to visit my town and have them invite him to their town that way?

I've spoken to a camper on another island before and I don't recall being able to invite them, but then again maybe they weren't interesting enough to try to invite. :p

Just now, Keyser_Soze said:

Correct, but they need an empty house for them to move into

well that sucks, i would have expected that it would be like New Leaf where an existing villager would be chosen (be picked) to move out.....

also, does anybody here immediately look to "evict" villagers once your friendship level reaches the point that the animal gives u their picture... or is my wife the only inhuman monster

3 minutes ago, 5timechamp said:

also, does anybody here immediately look to "evict" villagers once your friendship level reaches the point that the animal gives u their picture... or is my wife the only inhuman monster

Do they give you their picture in this one?

You can get anyone's picture if you just go to Harv's island do a photoshoot and you can buy the villager's pictures from the nook machine.

44 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

Anyone want any of these DIYs? I got rid of my previous batch and now they've piled up again.

Wild log bench

Gold bars

Iron garden bench

Pot

Trophy case

Most garden rock

Ironwood chair

Terrarium

Sandy Beach flooring

Knitted grass backpack

Peach rug

Wooden end table

Ironwood dresser...I swear I get a new one of these every week

Definitely a couple I think I might need, like the trophy case...not sure what else.

40 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I'd take that Terrarium DIY since Monkey stole it last time like a bastard!

:)  I hope you enjoyed the gift I sent you this morning