Animal Crossing: New Horizons (20 March 2020) OT - Island Getaway

Just now, EternallDarkness said:

I don't see how the characters are worth anything, you can't give them away...or can you? :p 

There's a dark slave trade thing going on, so yeah you can give them away.

In fact when they move out if you have someone visit  they can get them to come to their island.

I already posted this article but yeah maybe worth checking out again :p

https://www.polygon.com/2020/4/22/21229959/animal-crossing-new-horizons-black-market-villager-trading-raymond-nmt-bells-nintendo-switch-discord

I randomly got Marshall after a few tries going to the island. I wasn't really going for any top tier characters, I just didn't like the characters I kept meeting.

With that said, I've got a villager moving out today, so if anyone has miles they want to burn to send me Nook Miles Tickets, I'll gladly accept!

1 minute ago, Bjomesphat said:

I randomly got Marshall after a few tries going to the island. I wasn't really going for any top tier characters, I just didn't like the characters I kept meeting.

With that said, I've got a villager moving out today, so if anyone has miles they want to burn to send me Nook Miles Tickets, I'll gladly accept!

yeah I wasn't even aware the villagers had any kind of ranking. Whenever someone moves out I go searching for what looks like an interesting character though often I get bored after 4 or 5 islands and just end up saying fine you can come live with me. With Lucky I just thought he was a funny looking character 

7 minutes ago, Bjomesphat said:

Pssh. Pretty greedy. I was graciously given Ricky two days ago! :p

Also, I ended up with Al from another island and I didn't even want him!

4 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Pssh. Pretty greedy. I was graciously given Ricky two days ago! :p

Also, I ended up with Al from another island and I didn't even want him!

Tom Nook moved in Gruff behind my back, and it took me forever to get rid of him. He's so lame.

3 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

game would be better if you could more easily boot villagers 

I agree in a certain sense, but this would also contribute even more to playing the meta game. The way it is now, I usually just settle for a villager because it's such a pain to replace anyone, and even harder with someone you want. I can't imagine the hours and days people put into getting all of the top tier characters. I have a friend who has most of the tier 1 villagers. It's ridiculous.

Ok, I need to get rid of some of these DIY recipes. I can't store then away and there were enough that just leaving them littering my yard dropped my island rating. Who wants any of these?

Pot

Bamboo wall decoration

Unglazed dish set

Terrarium

Bamboo wall decoration

Birdbath

Pear umbrella

Log chair

Cardboard table

Mountain standee

Modern wood wall

Steam basket set

Wooden chest

Iron garden bench

Wooden end table

2 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

Ok, I need to get rid of some of these DIY recipes. I can't store then away and there were enough that just leaving them littering my yard dropped my island rating. Who wants any of these?

Pot

Bamboo wall decoration

Unglazed dish set

Terrarium

Bamboo wall decoration

Birdbath

Pear umbrella

Log chair

Cardboard table

Mountain standee

Modern wood wall

Steam basket set

Wooden chest

Iron garden bench

Wooden end table

Not sure which I have off hand but if you open your gates I'll come over and try all of them. I'd stockpiled a bunch of supplies outside when my storage filled up but then yeah I noticed it hurt my islands rating so I ended up just selling it all off

12 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

Not sure which I have off hand but if you open your gates I'll come over and try all of them. I'd stockpiled a bunch of supplies outside when my storage filled up but then yeah I noticed it hurt my islands rating so I ended up just selling it all off

Cool. I've got real yard work to do, so I've left my gates open for you or anyone else that wants to come by and snatch these recipes up.

52 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

yeah clicking that A button is so hard

You have to pick up the shells then craft them one at a time and if you need more than one it's very time consuming. You can tap a and it makes him craft a little quicker but everything else is so slow. :p

3 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Most astrological signs change on or around the 20th

Astrology is bullshit, so I never bothered to learn it. I didn’t know mine or my husband’s signs until fairly recently when a coworker tried to give me a lesson. According to them, we shouldn’t be compatible. :silly:

Anyhoo, my gates are open for the time being if anyone wants to see Celeste. 

13 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Astrology is bullshit, so I never bothered to learn it. I didn’t know mine or my husband’s signs until fairly recently when a coworker tried to give me a lesson. According to them, we shouldn’t be compatible. :silly:

While I don't really believe in it I think bullshit is kind of a strong word. As far as spiritual things go I think it's fun to think about.

5 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

Bamboo wall decoration

Unglazed dish set

Terrarium

Bamboo wall decoration

Pear umbrella

Cardboard table

Mountain standee

Modern wood wall

Steam basket set

Wooden chest

Wooden end table

On top of that I have

Crest Doorplate

Bamboo Wand

Bamboo Doll (2x)

Orange End Table

Steel Flooring

Leaf Umbrella

Palm Tree Lamp

Sandy-Beach Flooring

Jungle Wall

Wooden-mosaic wall

Iron Armor

Basket Pack

I don't think I have a lot of what you have (I trimmed what I have off your list)

2 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

On top of that I have

Crest Doorplate

Bamboo Wand

Bamboo Doll (2x)

Orange End Table

Steel Flooring

Leaf Umbrella

Palm Tree Lamp

Sandy-Beach Flooring

Jungle Wall

Wooden-mosaic wall

Iron Armor

Basket Pack

I don't think I have a lot of what you have (I trimmed what I have off your list)

I'd take those two walls and the pain tree lamp if you're also looking to dump them.

22 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

I'd take those two walls and the pain tree lamp if you're also looking to dump them.

Monkey is raiding so I'll see what's left and then maybe we can swap.

He took everything but the Wooden-mosaic wall so I'll send you that and you can send me Terrarium? :p

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Monkey is raiding so I'll see what's left and then maybe we can swap.

He took everything but the Wooden-mosaic wall so I'll send you that and you can send me Terrarium? :p

Sorry @Ghost_MH and @Keyser_Soze :lol: I think I raided the Terrarium from Ghost earlier. But as always I'm more than happy to ship anyone anything they want. Just signed off so I'll make you a terrarium and send it over in the morning...I'd log back and send it but I already sent you all that bait earlier so  I can't mail you anything else today anyway. 

• Shocked 1

3 hours ago, EternallDarkness said:

Sorry @Ghost_MH and @Keyser_Soze :lol: I think I raided the Terrarium from Ghost earlier. But as always I'm more than happy to ship anyone anything they want. Just signed off so I'll make you a terrarium and send it over in the morning...I'd log back and send it but I already sent you all that bait earlier so  I can't mail you anything else today anyway. 

Thanks to your bait I caught a golden trout!