New Mutants delayed AGAIN (shocker!) and new Star Wars release dates

https://deadline.com/2019/05/star-wars-movies-new-mutants-disney-fox-release-schedule-1202608933/

surely shocking no one on this board, New Mutants is delayed again..seriously why don't they just admit they are never going to release it. new date 4/3/20 and new Star Wars coming right before Christmas 2022, 2024, 2026  so it would appear that we now know how long that 'break' Disney was talking about will be. 

31 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

I guess that's the Rian Johnson trilogy. Sweet. I look forward to experiencing what his singular vision is.

Can there be such a thing as a singular vision for Star Wars with Kathleen Kennedy and Disney looking over your shoulder. They’ve proven they’ll get rid of Directors mid project if they don’t like their vision. 

11 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:

David Benioff and D.B. Weiss are also making a trilogy so i would imagine one or more of those dates is that trilogy. 

I would guess the D&D series is further off.

17 hours ago, EternallDarkness said:

:talkhand: true it's more fantasy than sci-fi, but spaceships and robots makes it sci-fi in my book 

Star Wars is space opera as opposed to science fiction but it is not fantasy (though space opera can very much have fantasy or high fantasy in it). 

2 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

Star Wars is space opera as opposed to science fiction but it is not fantasy (though space opera can very much have fantasy or high fantasy in it). 

it has many of the hallmarks of fantasy, not the least of which is the force which is for all intents and purposes magic. You can call it space opera or whatever, but to me it's science fantasy rather than hard science fiction 

7 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

it has many of the hallmarks of fantasy, not the least of which is the force which is for all intents and purposes magic. You can call it space opera or whatever, but to me it's science fantasy rather than hard science fiction 

I'm good with saying science fantasy instead of space opera. To me they are essentially the same (I know there are those who would argue otherwise, whatever). :twothumbsup:

1 hour ago, Greatoneshere said:

I'm good with saying science fantasy instead of space opera. To me they are essentially the same (I know there are those who would argue otherwise, whatever). :twothumbsup:

I think Star Trek is considered space opera and it's definitely not science fantasy.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

I think Star Trek is considered space opera and it's definitely not science fantasy.

Sure, yeah, if we're going to get into specific distinctions. I thought most people thought Star Trek was just "soft" science fiction rather than space opera, which is more Star Wars' speed? At a certain point we're splitting hairs either way.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

would likely depend on who you ask and what their criteria for each 'genre' was. I don't particularly think science fantasy when I think Star Trek despite them having multiple species that could be considered magical ala the Q continuum. Of course Trek always couched those types of being as highly advanced/evolved beings where as there was definitely mystic/pseudo-religious trappings/explanations for the force....well until that idiot claimed the force came from microscopic organisms that apparently only live within some people :doh:

5 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

There was some interview recently that hinted that D&B were not actually making their own trilogy, but instead were working with Rian Johnson on his. It was vague, though.

Kennedy said the creative braintrust will be mapping out a strategy, and central to that strategy are new film series from Star Wars: The Last Jedi writer/director Rian Johnson and Game of Thrones showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss. We previously learned that Johnson was creating a new trilogy of Star Wars films focusing on new characters in a new setting, and Benioff and Weiss were separately hired to create their own new series of films. But Kennedy tells EW that Benioff and Weiss are actually working together with Johnson to plan out the future of the franchise:

“As they finish Game of Thrones, they’re going to segue into Star Wars,” Kennedy said. “They’re working very closely with Rian.”

http://collider.com/upcoming-star-wars-movies-rian-johnson/#images

That to me just means the movies they will be working on would mesh with Rian Johnsons movies. So for example if they release RJ SW movie 2022, D.B. SW movie 2024 etc you would want them to have a cohesive story. 

“We’re not just looking at what the next three movies might be, or talking about this in terms of a trilogy. We’re looking at: What is the next decade of storytelling?”

However, when it comes to the timeline, that “a long time ago” part could be altered either way—a longer time ago, or a shorter time ago—with this next phase of Star Wars filmmaking, says Kennedy:

“Yes, absolutely. I think that that’s absolutely on the horizon,” she said. “We’re looking at whether we can move massively in one direction of the other. It’s still Star Wars, and holding on to the DNA of what George Lucascreated is still very important to us. I think this is a huge opportunity to step into the galaxy in a little bit different part of the timeline.”

If they do a series of movies set in The Old Republic that would be amazing!

3 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

The Star Wars movie coming out in 2022 could also be one of those spinoff movies that have been talked about for years so who knows.

doubtful, after the Solo disaster (which really wasn't that big of a disaster more of a disappointment) I remember reading they were reconsidering the spinoffs. With the plan of an every other year release I would think it's a trilogy