So, Ass Creed Odyssey or Origins??

5timechamp

Something about ancient Egypt was just way more appealing. Seeing the pyramids, the Sphinx. I just enjoyed it all more than ancient Greece. I preferred the story and characters in Origins, too.

I really don't think you can go wrong with either, though. They're both highly acclaimed games. I'd say just pick whichever has the setting that appeals to you most, because they're both really similar in terms of game play.

Odyssey is an improvement on Origins in terms of gameplay and controls/combat, so you'd be better off going with that if you're only picking one. However, if you're not into Ancient Greece and/or prefer Ancient Egypt for whatever reason then go with Origins. :) 

On 4/22/2019 at 5:59 PM, Spork3245 said:

Odyssey is an improvement on Origins in terms of gameplay and controls/combat, so you'd be better off going with that if you're only picking one. However, if you're not into Ancient Greece and/or prefer Ancient Egypt for whatever reason then go with Origins. :) 

That Ancient Egypt is filled with ancient Greeks though....

On 4/21/2019 at 8:28 PM, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Something about ancient Egypt was just way more appealing. Seeing the pyramids, the Sphinx. I just enjoyed it all more than ancient Greece. I preferred the story and characters in Origins, too.

I really don't think you can go wrong with either, though. They're both highly acclaimed games. I'd say just pick whichever has the setting that appeals to you most, because they're both really similar in terms of game play.

I'm with you on this. The Egypt setting was incredible, and despite the dumb story I couldn't stop playing it. In Odyssey the story is way better, the characters are better, the combat is improved but I just didn't find the environment as interesting, and that affected my desire to play it more than I thought. It just felt like the world was quite generic compared to origin's very different regions and cities. 

55 minutes ago, mo1518 said:

I'm with you on this. The Egypt setting was incredible, and despite the dumb story I couldn't stop playing it. In Odyssey the story is way better, the characters are better, the combat is improved but I just didn't find the environment as interesting, and that affected my desire to play it more than I thought. It just felt like the world was quite generic compared to origin's very different regions and cities. 

I'd post your icon if I weren't in mobile and had time to figure it out :thumbup:

3 hours ago, mikechorney said:

That Ancient Egypt is filled with ancient Greeks though....

This is a really silly post. Like... come on, bro. Origins take place during the Roman Empire, well after Rome took Greece but slightly before Rome took Egypt (like within a decade prior to Egypt becoming part of the Roman Empire). Odyssey takes place 300 years prior to Greece being conquered by the Romans, during more-or-less the height of Ancient Greek civilization, like, Rome was barely past having kings during Odyssey. 

As others have said, they're both very good, but I would go with Odyssey as it is an evolution of what they started in Origins and I enjoyed the setting more.

This is weird to me as I love ancient Egypt.  I think I just got tired of looking at all the fucking sand. lol.

Odyssey is a better game, IMO, but personal taste could sway you in the Origins direction pretty easily.