I'm really enjoying this new "You cheated not only the game, but yourself" meme

SaysWho?

2 minutes ago, Reputator said:

Well I'm not laughing but I appreciate the effort being put into these.

I'll be honest: I'm loving these, though I've only laughed at a few so far. But the entire idea and what it's making fun of have been really enjoyable for me. :p 

6 hours ago, Rodimus said:

Cheating in Single player or private servers ok. The Car Gun in GTA is so much fun.

You cheated not only the game, but yourself. You didn't grow. You didn't improve. You took a shortcut and gained nothing. You experienced a hollow victory. Nothing was risked and nothing was gained. It's sad that you don't know the difference.

• Haha 2

I still remember playing Resident Evil 5 all the way through on co-op with a friend and then getting completely fucking stuck on the final boss. We eventually tried to look up cheats to just get it over with and we still couldn't get it done. It was absurdly frustrating. I appreciate wanting to give it an honest shot but once it stops being fun, looking up guides or cheats to get you over the hump seems like more than fair game.

Also my favorite part of that experience was trying dropping down to single-player to give the AI control of the female main character, thinking maybe the AI would be coded to do something we were too stupid to figure out we needed to do. Nope. The AI would just immediately shoot off ALL of its ammo and then run around on the cliff waving the stun rod around. I have literally no idea how you were supposed to beat that game on single-player.