Podcast games

Moa

I am in desperate need of a new game to play while listening to podcasts. Specifically, I am looking for a game that I can play for long 2-3 hour sessions, something that does not rely heavily on audio cues,  and a game that does not require my full undivided attention. Games like WoW and Rogue Legacy have been great podcast games for me, but now I mostly play fortnite, rainbow 6, and dota, all of which are terrible podcast games.

4 hours ago, Moa said:

I am in desperate need of a new game to play while listening to podcasts. Specifically, I am looking for a game that I can play for long 2-3 hour sessions, something that does not rely heavily on audio cues,  and a game that does not require my full undivided attention. Games like WoW and Rogue Legacy have been great podcast games for me, but now I mostly play fortnite, rainbow 6, and dota, all of which are terrible podcast games.

I listened to all 400 hours of Dan Carlin's account of World War 1 largely while maxing damn near everything out on Rogue Legacy :D

I mostly play Minecraft nowadays listening to podcasts. But a good amount of arcade games are great for it. Lots of "in the zone" gameplay with a minimum of storyline to worry about.

12 hours ago, RedSoxFan9 said:

I’ve been listening to podcasts while playing Dark Souls but I wouldn’t recommend that for a first play through.

Open-world games like Just Cause and Far Cry are also good. 

Especially for the side missions and collectables. I still remember most of my first listen through of The History of Rome was while doing the bottle searches in Sly 2.

Also the side missions of Saint's Row 3 and the orb collecting in Saint's Row 4 were a blast while listening to podcasts.

So here is how it's going to go, I'm going to play Diablo, buy Stardew and Slay the Spire and play a combined 48 minutes of each, then resub to WoW like the animal I am. At this point, I will have finished this week's bomb/beastcast, and I will go back to playing Fortnite. 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Turns out Slay the Spire is engaging enough to forget about the podcasts and just session for 4 hours listening to the same loop of mediocre background music. Also, turns out that the yearly inevitable WoW resub was as inevitable as it always is.