Shooter apprehended and multiple injuries reported in Chicago suburb, police say

Jason

39 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I'm actually surprised by that, because it was the subject of a series of documentaries on HBO, got a ton of publicity from celebrities like Johnny Depp, Pearl Jam, Metallica, Dixie Chicks, etc., and made big headlines when they were released in 2011.

Wait were those the Heavy Metal dudes that got falsely accused of Satanic Murders? If so I did see that doc and I AM familiar with the case... just did a story recently with the director of that Doc who did the new Ted Bundy story that Zac Effron is in.

3 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Wait were those the Heavy Metal dudes that got falsely accused of Satanic Murders? If so I did see that doc and I AM familiar with the case... just did a story recently with the director of that Doc who did the new Ted Bundy story that Zac Effron is in.

That's the case!

Just now, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Why are they only counting 107 mass shootings?

I was trying to find out everything they listed and all the data collected.  I’ll report back with my findings.  So far they seem to be the biggest most reliable statistically gathered informational group out there 

3 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Gun violence is gun violence and I'd like a list of all the shootings the article represented, because that still seems awfully low.

Not disagreeing with you, but there are reasons why “gun violence” should have distinct categorical breakdowns.  And yes, I would like to see what they consider mass shootings and other 

After going through the data, I’m shocked that “white males” aren’t over represented according to their population.  Slightly under, according to the data.  But overall it seems all nationalities are about on par for their population percentage.  

They must be excluding some data...  

2 hours ago, Triage said:

One of the victims was a 21 year old intern and it was his first day at work. He was sitting in on firing the gunman (that I mentioned was working there 15 years). The victim was going to be 22 this April. 

Did he know he was gonna get fired that day and brought his gun to shoot the place up or did he snap and just happen to have his gun on him? Also why would you have an intern sit in on a firing his first day? Seems like a bit much.

5 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Did he know he was gonna get fired that day and brought his gun to shoot the place up or did he snap and just happen to have his gun on him? Also why would you gave an intern sit in on a firing his first day? Seems like a bit much.

He knew two weeks ago that yesterday Friday will be his last day. They did announce the lay off letting people know. Having the intern there day one seems idiotic to me as well. 

Watching the press conference 

The shooter had 6 prior arrests and got FOID card then they found he was charged with assault and batery in 1995 then revoked his card but in the mean time he got his gun. How does one with 6 arrests get an approval in the first place? 

2 of the employees dead were HR. One forklift operator just at the wrong place at the wrong time. All police officers injured all 6 not life threatening injuries. One already released this morning. 

Just now, Triage said:

Watching the press conference 

The shooter had 6 prior arrests and got FOID card then they found he was charged with assault and batery in 1995 then revoked his card but in the mean time he got his gun. How does one with 6 arrests get an approval in the first place? 

Because our gun laws are fucked... conservatives went after Obama when he wanted to keep folks on the terrorist watch list from being able to get guns. Also people who were deemed unable to handle their financial affairs.

1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Because our gun laws are fucked... conservatives went after Obama when he wanted to keep folks on the terrorist watch list from being able to get guns. Also people who were deemed unable to handle their financial affairs.

This is fucked up. I'm okay with people owning guns but damn have stricter rules! 

2 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

If you end up on a terrorist watch list, how do you get off of it?  What if you want to fly or buy a gun?  Are you fucked then?  What about due process? 

1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Talk to the NRA.

Well we know however that works 

People are asking about the intern that was shot. The police won't confirm if he was or wasn't in the room during the firing but only that he is one of the victims. Mother that lost her son had her friend make the post on our local page saying he was. 

I’m all for respecting the second amendment and honoring the hunting culture in our society.

So ban all handguns. That is truly the problem with gun violence in our society. Also ban any semi automatic rifles. And institute magazine limits of no more than 5-10. 

Shotguns and single shot rifles only. I think it’s a perfect compromise. 

16 minutes ago, osxmatt said:

I’m all for respecting the second amendment and honoring the hunting culture in our society.

So ban all handguns. That is truly the problem with gun violence in our society. Also ban any semi automatic rifles. And institute magazine limits of no more than 5-10. 

Shotguns and single shot rifles only. I think it’s a perfect compromise. 

The Supreme Court has ruled that handguns are protected under the second amendment, so you can't really respect that right if you intend to ban those devices.  I suppose you could attempt to ban semi-automatic firearms, but the it's likely the Supreme Court would overturn that law as well.  

3 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

The Supreme Court has ruled that handguns are protected under the second amendment, so you can't really respect that right if you intend to ban those devices.  I suppose you could attempt to ban semi-automatic firearms, but the it's likely the Supreme Court would overturn that law as well.  

Unpopular opinion - The Supreme Court is wrong.