Shooter apprehended and multiple injuries reported in Chicago suburb, police say

Jason

Just now, skillzdadirecta said:

Well color me surprised! CNN is reporting he's dead too... no mention of his race though.

Yeah, I'm waiting on the race thing. This happened near @Triage and she saw a report he was black and a former disgruntled employee.

Im waiting for confirmation from one of the big sources. It'll come soon enough. 

Just now, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Yeah, I'm waiting on the race thing. This happened near @Triage and she saw a report he was black and a former disgruntled employee.

Im waiting for confirmation from one of the big sources. It'll come soon enough. 

Apparently he had been laid off... his mother is talking to police. The Police said they would be doing a news conference this evening to give more details.

15 minutes ago, Ricofoley said:

Happened about 10 minutes west of where I work.

Wow you work near me. I work in Aurora, Oswego and Montgomery. We had lock down at the Aurora location since it was right there and I was today in Aurora at a school for Junior Achievement. Too close to home. They shooter is dead. There are confirmed 5 dead just not sure if the shooter is part of the 5. The shooter was 45 worker at that factory for 15 years laid off two weeks ago. There are some mixed articles but news conference is 9 pm central time 

40 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

The DC Sniper was black. 

I'm with the others that I'd classify him as more of a serial killer.

39 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Colin Ferguson back in the day... shot up the LIRR in New York.

No idea who he is.

32 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

The Virginia Tech shooter was Asian

Oh, yeah.

I also forgot the Fort Hood shooter. But the point still stands that the overwhelming majority of mass shooters are white males. It's notable when it is a minority.

5 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

No idea who he is.

Might be before your time...

On December 7, 1993, a Long Island Rail Road train pulled into the Merillon Avenue station in Garden City, New York, when passenger Colin Ferguson pulled out a 9mm pistol and started firing at other passengers. He murdered 6 people and wounded 19 others before being stopped by other passengers. Ferguson's trial was notable for a number of unusual developments, including his firing his defense counsel and insisting on representing himself and questioning his own victims on the stand.

On February 17, 1995, Ferguson was convicted of the six murders. He was also convicted of attempted murder for wounding 19 passengers. As of 2018, he is serving his sentence of 315 years and 8 months to life at the Upstate Correctional Facility in Franklin County, New York.

Also this was before the term "Mass shooter" was popularized.

3 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I was in 1st grade then. 

I remember some incidents when I was around that age, but that one didn't register, probably for the reason you stated and it wasn't close to home.

I grew up in the area and it was all over the news when it happened for obvious reasons. His trial was a circus but was overshadowed by OJ and other events at the time.

Chris Dormer was Black... dunno if he's technically a mass shooter though. That dude in Texas was black too... the one that shot up those cops and they blew up with a robot.

1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I grew up in the area and it was all over the news when it happened for obvious reasons. His trial was a circus but was overshadowed by OJ and other events at the time.

Yeah, I remember stuff like OJ and OKC bombing more vividly. And the West Memphis 3, because that made big news and it was close to home.