Shooter apprehended and multiple injuries reported in Chicago suburb, police say

Jason

24 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

They also ruled abortion is legal under some twisted logic that it is a privacy concern and that privacy is somehow enshrined in the constitution.

You're a Libertarian right? You're saying that you'd be cool with the Government telling women how to take care of their bodies? That the State should be involved with family planning? So by that right, The State should be responsible for all these babies after they're born, right?

25 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

You're a Libertarian right? You're saying that you'd be cool with the Government telling women how to take care of their bodies? That the State should be involved with family planning? So by that right, The State should be responsible for all these babies after they're born, right?

I don't think abortion should be illegal.  It would create a dangerous black market for the procedure.  In most cases, I think abortion is immoral, but I wouldn't push my beliefs on others.  

The point of my last post is that trying to say someone has a right to abortions based on privacy is, in my mind, crazy.  You could theoretically have a "don't ask, don't tell" type of abortion law, where it is legal only because a patient or doctor doesn't divulge the procedure, but if the woman were to admit to the abortion to law enforcement, she could be charged with a crime.  

6 hours ago, mclumber1 said:

I don't think abortion should be illegal.  It would create a dangerous black market for the procedure.  In most cases, I think abortion is immoral, but I wouldn't push my beliefs on others.  

The point of my last post is that trying to say someone has a right to abortions based on privacy is, in my mind, crazy.  You could theoretically have a "don't ask, don't tell" type of abortion law, where it is legal only because a patient or doctor doesn't divulge the procedure, but if the woman were to admit to the abortion to law enforcement, she could be charged with a crime.  

I’m actually very interested in the details of why you find abortion immoral, and the timelines during pregnancy that you hold this belief.  

Do you have a specific timeframe, during pregnancy, that it becomes immoral to have an abortion, or does that matter? 

Would you mind elaborating on the specifics?  

1 minute ago, Boyle5150 said:

I’m actually very interested in the details of why you find abortion immoral, and the timelines during pregnancy that you hold this belief.  

Do you have a specific timeframe, during pregnancy, that it becomes immoral to have an abortion, or does that matter? 

Would you mind elaborating on the specifics?  

I guess it's on a spectrum for me.  It's one thing to have an abortion because there will be health complications with the mother or baby, and it's another if the pregnancy simply wasn't wanted.  I would assume that most abortions performed are not because of health reasons, but because the mother didn't want to have the baby.  Also, I feel that the later a woman chooses to have an abortion, the more immoral it becomes (except for health reasons).  

A girl I work with is pregnant and she seems to have a realistic viewpoint when it comes to pregnancy. She got her first ultrasound a couple of weeks ago and she said her fetus looks like a nugget. She said she won't recognize it as a human because it doesn't look like one, so it's nugget for now.

Then she was talking about how people were saying, "You're a mother now so..." and she says she's not a mother till the bun comes out of the oven. Anything could happen between here and now.

5 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

I guess it's on a spectrum for me.  It's one thing to have an abortion because there will be health complications with the mother or baby, and it's another if the pregnancy simply wasn't wanted.  I would assume that most abortions performed are not because of health reasons, but because the mother didn't want to have the baby.  Also, I feel that the later a woman chooses to have an abortion, the more immoral it becomes (except for health reasons).  

I can understand that position.  I Would also like to ask if you think financial reasons should be a factor as well?  If a pregnancy simply “wasn’t wanted”, do you think that it’s immoral to require the suffering (in multiple aspects) of the mother/host to proceeed with the pregnancy because of a subjective understanding of what  can be subjectively viewed as immoral and what constitutes as wellbeing and the total amount of suffering that can be had by all persons involved?  

You seem to hold many libertarian views, and I am always baffled by those who hold this one.  Forgive my ignorance.