NVIDIA GeForce 11 Series “Up To GTX 1180” Naming Convention Revealed By Lenovo – Arriving in Q3 2018, OEM Desktops With GeForce 11 in Fall 2018

NVIDIA GeForce 11 Series “Up To GTX 1180” Naming Convention Revealed By Lenovo – Arriving in Q3 2018, OEM Desktops With GeForce 11 in Fall 2018

It looks like Lenovo has spilled the beans on the NVIDIA GeForce 11 series graphics cards. The new graphics card lineup has previously gone by GeForce 11 and GeForce 20 series naming schemes in various rumors but if Lenovo’s representative is to be believed, NVIDIA would choose the former 11 series naming for their next-generation graphics cards.

NVIDIA GeForce 11 Series and GeForce GTX 1180 Graphics Card Naming Scheme Slipped By Lenovo Rep – Arrives In Legion Desktop PCs in Fall 2018, Consumer Launch Expected in Summer

The latest details about the next-generation GeForce graphics cards come from a Lenovo rep at the E3 2018 booth. The rep was interviewed by TechTuber BrainBean, who asked him around the new Legion desktop PCs. While talking about graphics side updates expected for the Legion PCs, the Lenovo rep replied that users can expect the NVIDIA GeForce 11 series, up to a GeForce GTX 1180, down the road over the GTX 1060 which is found in current Legion desktop PC variants.

As well as along with up to GTX 1060 at this time but time to market with NVIDIA 11 series up to 1180 down the road.

And up to 1060 at this time, of course, with the NVIDIA 11 series time to market later this fall would get those GPUs as well. via Lenovo Rep at E3 2018

The rep also confirmed that the Legion desktop PC graphics update would arrive around Fall 2018 for the one with GTX 1060 so we can expect the GeForce GTX 1080 and GTX 1070 successors, that are presumed to be known as the GeForce GTX 1180 and GeForce GTX 1170, to arrive earlier than that in Summer 2018 which inclines with the rumors and our recent exclusive report that you can check out over here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

https://www.techspot.com/news/75632-rumored-launch-dates-gtx-1180-1170-1160-leak.html

Gamer Meld reports that it received an email from one of Nvidia’s add-in board partners regarding the current and next-gen components. It states that the 11xx cards were delayed due to other partners and manufacturers having an abundance of unsold or unfinished 10xx GPUs. It lists the new launch date for the GTX 1180 as August 30. The 1170/1180+ will arrive on September 30, while the GTX 1160 is set to show up on October 30.

EXCLUSIVE: NVIDIA’s Next Generation Graphics Cards Specifications, Pricing And Nomenclature Details

"

These are the expected MSRPs that AIB and vendors have been informed of by NVIDIA:

The 120W NVIDIA next-gen Turing GPU will be priced around $499 MSRP.

The 150W NVIDIA next-gen Turing GPU will be priced around $599 MSRP.

The 180W NVIDIA next-gen Turing GPU will be priced around $699-749 MSRP.

Add in board partners and vendors of NVIDIA are expecting to have the SKUs stocked by the following dates, which is around the same time we should see them released:

The NVIDIA next-gen 120W GPU will be arriving at the end of September.

The NVIDIA next-gen 150W GPU will be arriving by the second week of September.

The NVIDIA next-gen 180W GPU will be arriving in the first week of September."

More rumours.

55 minutes ago, mikechorney said:

EXCLUSIVE: NVIDIA’s Next Generation Graphics Cards Specifications, Pricing And Nomenclature Details

"

These are the expected MSRPs that AIB and vendors have been informed of by NVIDIA:

The 120W NVIDIA next-gen Turing GPU will be priced around $499 MSRP.

The 150W NVIDIA next-gen Turing GPU will be priced around $599 MSRP.

The 180W NVIDIA next-gen Turing GPU will be priced around $699-749 MSRP.

Add in board partners and vendors of NVIDIA are expecting to have the SKUs stocked by the following dates, which is around the same time we should see them released:

The NVIDIA next-gen 120W GPU will be arriving at the end of September.

The NVIDIA next-gen 150W GPU will be arriving by the second week of September.

The NVIDIA next-gen 180W GPU will be arriving in the first week of September."

More rumours.

I hope this is true

The GeForce GTX 1080 Ti MSRP will drop in price by $100.

The GeForce GTX 1080 MSRP will drop in price by $50.

On 7/26/2018 at 4:39 PM, Remarkableriots said:

I hope this is true

Do you Bigtime PC guys think that planning on a high end 1080ti 2k + budget build a bad idea with these this close? I play PC games on high or close to max settings now but in 1080p usually even though it's on a 65 inch 4k TV. I really want to have most games running at 60fps at 4k though, money won't be a huge issue, but I want very good performance for the next 5 years?

47 minutes ago, HardAct said:

Do you Bigtime PC guys think that planning on a high end 1080ti 2k + budget build a bad idea with these this close? I play PC games on high or close to max settings now but in 1080p usually even though it's on a 65 inch 4k TV. I really want to have most games running at 60fps at 4k though, money won't be a huge issue, but I want very good performance for the next 5 years?

You should wait for the new cards since we're talking "weeks away" at this point.

1 hour ago, HardAct said:

Just dont hesitate to pull the trigger when they come out.

2 hours ago, HardAct said:

I'm with @Spork3245 on this one.  Buying at the end of a generation is always a losing proposition.  However, know exactly what card you want, and pull the trigger as soon as you see it.  They will be in short supply for a few months.

Well to be honest. Were not "just weeks away" for the flagship Ti version. That's what I want, so 6 months away now for a retail 1180Ti ?

But I can say this. I'm buying one day one this time, and that's exciting to build a new gaming rig (my 7th) with cutting edge tech. I will own a first gen 1180Ti!!

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, HardAct said:

Well to be honest. Were not "just weeks away" for the flagship Ti version. That's what I want, so 6 months away now for a retail 1180Ti ?

But I can say this. I'm buying one day one this time, and that's exciting to build a new gaming rig (my 7th) with cutting edge tech. I will own a first gen 1180Ti!!

The non-Ti 1180 will be faster than the 1080 Ti and likely will cost less... that one is “weeks away”. :p  Why would you get a 1080 Ti when the base 1180 will be better? The 980 was significantly faster than the 780 Ti, the 1080 was significantly faster than the 980 Ti.

Until a replacement releases, the 1180 will indeed be the “flagship”, just as the 780 was a flagship, just as the 980 was a flagship.

If you’re looking for something to hold you over until an 1180 Ti variant releases (which is an extremely different question) then I’d recommend looking at a second-hand 1070-1080 to hold you over... but the best value proposition is to wait a few weeks and get an 1180 at launch.

On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 4:38 PM, Spork3245 said:

The non-Ti 1180 will be faster than the 1080 Ti and likely will cost less... that one is “weeks away”. :p  Why would you get a 1080 Ti when the base 1180 will be better? The 980 was significantly faster than the 780 Ti, the 1080 was significantly faster than the 980 Ti.

Until a replacement releases, the 1180 will indeed be the “flagship”, just as the 780 was a flagship, just as the 980 was a flagship.

If you’re looking for something to hold you over until an 1180 Ti variant releases (which is an extremely different question) then I’d recommend looking at a second-hand 1070-1080 to hold you over... but the best value proposition is to wait a few weeks and get an 1180 at launch.

One way to interpret the rumours is that the flagship (referred to as the 1180+) will be launching concurrent with the other GPUs this time:

• NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1180 (30th August Release Date)
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1180+ (30th September Release Date)
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1170 (30th September Release Date)
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1160 (30th October Release Date)

You're absolutely right -- I would anticipate that even the "1170" would give the 1080Ti a run for its money...

3 hours ago, mikechorney said:

One way to interpret the rumours is that the flagship (referred to as the 1180+) will be launching concurrent with the other GPUs this time:

• NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1180 (30th August Release Date)
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1180+ (30th September Release Date)
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1170 (30th September Release Date)
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1160 (30th October Release Date)

You're absolutely right -- I would anticipate that even the "1170" would give the 1080Ti a run for its money...

Since nVidia kinda has no real competition with the Ti, I actually expect the 1170 to basically be an updated 1080 Ti (more vram, HDMI 2.1, more hardware dx/vulkan features, etc). Just like how the 1070 performed(performs) the same as a 980 Ti outside of VR.

I want the 1180 Ti is what I'm saying / asking. I want to build this next PC using that as the base. So I'm going to now have to wait what could be maybe 6 more months. I out waited my 1080ti build because your right. It's going to be out performed by most if not all the upcoming 11cards. That's all. I'm going to buy one the month they get released this time. Cant wait, but I will have to.

Here's a link to Anand's writeup of the Turing reveal.

I personally don't follow the ProVis side of things closely enough to know what of this kind of hardware will make it into the consumer products. Purpose-built ray tracing hardware feels unlikely to make it to the consumer cards this generation, but it does setup a real differentiator down the line for nVidia. If ray tracing becomes a part of consumer applications and nVidia has a real lead and the only dedicated hardware, it could again widen the gap between their cards' and AMDs'.

Also interesting is that they're already supporting the VirtualLink USB-C Alternate mode for VR. When announced I thought it was unlikely we see support anytime soon, but nVidia has already proved me wrong, at least for the ProVis scene.