The Mariners

thewhyteboar

Will miss Straw, he really blossomed this season at the plate, always been nice in the field and on the bases. Good get for the Guardians.

Maton seems OK, probably my least favorite of their bullpen additions.

And then Altuve went solo home run and grand slam on back to back ABs. When will people learn that trolling Jose is bad for your team’s health

The Astros/Giants games have both been highly entertaining. Yesterday was wild with how the homers were just floating out left and right. Like, anything you could get up in the air was blowing an extra 30-40 feet. 

It sounds like the Mets completely removed their offer. If the player wouldn’t accept at least the slot price, I think it makes sense to return them to the draft pool for the next year, but if the team decides not to make an offer for whatever reason the player should immediately be made an undrafted free agent.

11 hours ago, Dodger said:

Do we know anything about his demands? He wouldn’t be the first guy to have crazy signing demands. But it is the Mets so could just be lol Mets.

From my understanding, the Mets never tendered an offer to Rocker. The general understanding is that Rocker wanted $6M which the Mets budgeted for. Mets never even tried to low ball him based on his medical.

Due to how the draft works, Mets will now get the 11th pick in 2022 draft which seems crazy to me while Rocker has to sit out a year. With the current baseball eligibility, dude won’t be a free agent until he is 40. 

1 hour ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

From my understanding, the Mets never tendered an offer to Rocker. The general understanding is that Rocker wanted $6M which the Mets budgeted for. Mets never even tried to low ball him based on his medical.

Due to how the draft works, Mets will now get the 11th pick in 2022 draft which seems crazy to me while Rocker has to sit out a year. With the current baseball eligibility, dude won’t be a free agent until he is 40. 

Lets not exaggerate, if he's drafted next year at 22, the worst case scenario is the team could keep him in the minors for 6 years and then 6 years of major league service time would have him be a free agent at 34. Still not great but if he spends 6 years in the minors he was either injured or ineffective most of the time. An advanced college arm shouldn't spend more than 2 years in the minors so realistically he'd be a free agent at 30. 

If the Mets made no serious attempt to negotiate though, they should definitely be penalized.