The Mariners

thewhyteboar

Yankees Twitter having a meltdown and a bunch of the dopes being like “what about the tattoo!?!?!”

I know it hurts that Altuve didn’t cheat (as backed up by Tony Adam’s meticulous accounting of the banging in each game and Correa’s direct testimony) and is now officially a Steinbrenner 

Astros continuing their bullying of the White Sox. Looked a little dicey there when Cease had K’d 5 of the first 7 batters, then that sweet 2 out work by the top of the order ❤️

Looking at the standings, I think there is a better than 50% chance the teams currently in the playoffs if they started today will be there. I can possibly see the As falling back and the Blue Jays surging in the AL, and maybe the Phillies catching the Mets…but that’s about it.

On 7/15/2021 at 8:11 PM, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Yankees/Red Sox game postponed due to multiple Yankees testing positive for covid. Sigh. 

ESPN reported that every Yankee had been vaccinated. Yet they somehow became infected with Covid. 

3 hours ago, Biggie said:

ESPN reported that every Yankee had been vaccinated. Yet they somehow became infected with Covid. 

Vaccines don't stop infection in all people.

What they do

Stop infection in many

Stop symptomatic infection in another big group

Shorten symptoms in others

Stop the vast majority of serious illness

Stop close to 100% of fatalities except in the absolutely most immune compromised individuals

10 hours ago, sblfilms said:

Looking at the standings, I think there is a better than 50% chance the teams currently in the playoffs if they started today will be there. I can possibly see the As falling back and the Blue Jays surging in the AL, and maybe the Phillies catching the Mets…but that’s about it.

Damn right my Jays are gonna surge, especially with Vladdy Jr heading back to the actual Rogers Centre as of July 30th (still the SkyDome to me damnit) Fuck is just fun to watch bat every time. We just need maybe some deeper pitching in the bullpen and tighten up our defence. 

12 minutes ago, silentbob said:

Damn right my Jays are gonna surge, especially with Vladdy Jr heading back to the actual Rogers Centre as of July 30th (still the SkyDome to me damnit) Fuck is just fun to watch bat every time. We just need maybe some deeper pitching in the bullpen and tighten up our defence. 

Love Vladdy Jr and Springer, and you also have a Biggio and a Gurriel so I respect that.

2 hours ago, sblfilms said:

Vaccines don't stop infection in all people.

What they do

Stop infection in many

Stop symptomatic infection in another big group

Shorten symptoms in others

Stop the vast majority of serious illness

Stop close to 100% of fatalities except in the absolutely most immune compromised individuals

2 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

People with flu shot still get flu? What is this?

I wasn't being a troll just wondering how so many vaccinated players got Covid. Funny because I'm not vaccinated and yet I haven't caught it. 

8 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I wasn't being a troll just wondering how so many vaccinated players got Covid. Funny because I'm not vaccinated and yet I haven't caught it. 

It's not really funny if you understand how things work. It's also not very funny for the millions of people who didn't get vaccinated and have gotten sick and struggled or even died from it.

1 hour ago, Biggie said:

I mean, in the US there are 330 million people and most likely only around 20% of the population caught Covid before the vaccines became available, so it's not particularly shocking. The Yankees players also were all vaccinated with the J&J single dose vaccine which looks to be significantly less effective at preventing infection than the mRNA vaccines are with the more transmissible variants like Delta which is now the dominant strain going around in the US. But the key info coming out of the Yankees outbreak is the majority of infected players had no symptoms at all and the others very mild. That is vaccines at work, even less robust ones like the J&J.

2 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

It's not really funny if you understand how things work. It's also not very funny for the millions of people who didn't get vaccinated and have gotten sick and struggled or even died from it.

Funny not meaning funny. Maybe not take everything so literally? I’m not sitting around chuckling about people dying. I’ll leave that to you liberals. 

Man, two back to back gems from Giolitto and Rodon and I’m very glad that series is over. Can’t win them all, but tough to watch a good offense just get massacred. White Sox are a tough team for anybody with great starting pitching and just ridiculous heat from the bullpen.

major-league-baseball-spin-rate-shift-pr
WWW.NYTIMES.COM

Strikeouts have decreased and on-base percentage has risen — midseason changes without parallel in decades of baseball in the majors.

Check this out when you have a chance. Very cool