The Mariners

thewhyteboar

59 minutes ago, Dodger said:

Lets not exaggerate, if he's drafted next year at 22, the worst case scenario is the team could keep him in the minors for 6 years and then 6 years of major league service time would have him be a free agent at 34. Still not great but if he spends 6 years in the minors he was either injured or ineffective most of the time. An advanced college arm shouldn't spend more than 2 years in the minors so realistically he'd be a free agent at 30. 

If the Mets made no serious attempt to negotiate though, they should definitely be penalized.  

Yes I exaggerated because it is so skewed towards ownership. Your scenario factors zero club fuckery where teams are constantly making decisions to prevent players from accumulating service years to reach free agency. A pitcher hitting free agency at 30-32 doesn’t prevent them  from getting a huge contract but each delay is a huge loss in money. 

After offering contracts to all their draft picks, Mets had about $1.3M cash left over that they could have at least offer to Rocker and let him decide. They didn’t even do that. Rocker should be a free agent. I am surprised Boras didn’t make a big deal out of this for his client.  

16 hours ago, sblfilms said:

Red Sox went from 1.5 up to 1.5 down on TB, Yankees within 2.5 of wild card. August is shaping up to be quite fun in the AL East!

Don't forget my Jays. Not much of a brag but we just swept The Royals in a 3 game set and they sat Vladdy Jr yesterday. Well, they tried to sit him

Flew into LAX, straight to the stadium all Astros’d up, flying out on the red eye after the game. It’s HOT in here! The people have wanted this for a LONG time 😂

30 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Flew into LAX, straight to the stadium all Astros’d up, flying out on the red eye after the game. It’s HOT in here! The people have wanted this for a LONG time 😂

Venmo me a grand before you get shot please.

Lance was incredible, crowd was rowdy, and Astros shutout maybe the best offense in baseball. What a night! I’m for sure falling asleep on the plane.

20 hours ago, sblfilms said:

Lance was incredible, crowd was rowdy, and Astros shutout maybe the best offense in baseball. What a night! I’m for sure falling asleep on the plane.

Hey, don't crown the Astros yet. Arizona held them to 26 runs in a 3 game series that we fielded a team of hot dog vendors.