The Mariners

thewhyteboar

Are the pants some sort of new pant Nylons? Crap that looks like a 1ply ready to rip on contact with a simple slide into a base. 

at least the 2nd phase of the new renovations at the Dome in Toronto are looking nice. 

TORONTO.CTVNEWS.CA

“It’s beginning to look a lot like baseball.” That’s the message attached to a recent video update on the Toronto Blue Jays $300-million Rogers Centre renovations.

My favorite one so far about the jerseys is the player from the Mariners posting something on twitter about how something looked wrong with the jersey and there was a reply from Fanatics saying that it looked like something was wrong and he needed to contact them to remedy the issue. Not realizing that he wasn't a regular customer by a big leaguer.

26 minutes ago, Brian said:

Bellinger back to the Cubs 1/$30M if he is good and 3/$80M if he sucks. 

Man, got to love these all reward, no risk opt-out contracts for players. Players Union would have a hissy fit if was such thing as a team opt-out, "Well, if you such, we just get to void the rest of the contract."

2 hours ago, Littleronin said:

Man, got to love these all reward, no risk opt-out contracts for players. Players Union would have a hissy fit if was such thing as a team opt-out, "Well, if you such, we just get to void the rest of the contract."

Add to the fact, this contract has been sitting there since the start of free agency. It’s ridiculous that Boras holds his agents as hostages during the offseason. 

14 hours ago, Brian said:

Add to the fact, this contract has been sitting there since the start of free agency. It’s ridiculous that Boras holds his agents as hostages during the offseason. 

If Snell signs with the Yankees, Boras (and by extension his clients) is the biggest loser of the offseason.

6 hours ago, Littleronin said:

If Snell signs with the Yankees, Boras (and by extension his clients) is the biggest loser of the offseason.

as a Yankees fan, yes please.  

It really feels like all of Boras’ clients will be taking a deal with several opt outs. 

1. LOLOL at the Fanatics gear.

2. I already love Joe Espada, new Astros manager, for saying he is going to bat Altuve/Yordan/Bregman/Tucker in that order. I literally cannot believer Dusty Baker had Jose Abreu getting more ABs than Kyle Tucker in 2023. 

3. Spring Training baseball is hilarious to watch. I always forget how large the gulf is between actual dudes in the show and the AA and AAA guys. I think I need to run to Tampa in a week or so for some theater equipment, may try and hit up a game in West Palm if I can make it work schedule-wise.

4. I miss my Mariners thread time more than literally any other. Love you all <3

8 hours ago, Littleronin said:

Matt Chapman signs with the only Bay area team for 3 years $54M. 

Well I guess he ain’t coming back for the Jays. Wonder who they will give the hot corner too now that Chapman is officially gone. 

If anybody is interested in the nerdy parts of pitch development, Rob’s video with Bryan Woo is great stuff. I think he hints at a lot of what has turned the Ms into a pitching factory the last few years. Watching a lot of starts by Kirby, Gilbert, and Miller, Woo’s comments about throwing everything like a fastball kinda unlocked something I noticed about the consistency of deliveries by those guys. Either they all kinda learned to do that from each other, or it is a conscious decision on the part of the Ms pitching coaches to push the guys to do that.

Whatever the case, it’s definitely working and the Ms rotation is filthy.

• Like 1

When I pitched in my teens. I threw my 2/4-Seamer, Splitter, and Circle Change-Up pretty much all the same as well. (straight overhead) When I tried to change my delivery for a curveball, I was really hit or miss. Although I did have a couple nasty ones before my arm and now wrist went to shit. Sadly it was also the last year I pitched competitively in a league 

5 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

The Red Sox biggest offseason acquisition, Lucas Giolito, is likely out for the entire season with a UCL tear. 

Just fucking lol at this point. 

Boston having Boston luck at this point. 

• True 1

On 3/8/2024 at 2:36 PM, Littleronin said:

Votto signed a minor league deal with the Jays. Going to be a bit weird seeing him playing in anything but a Reds uni.

I love this pic he released. Don’t worry, they wear Red on July 1st.

WWW.INSTAGRAM.COM

joeyvotto on March 10, 2024: "Minor league contract signed 😃 It’s official, I’m a little Blue Jay now."