After 13 Years, TopSpin Tennis is Back: TopSpin 2K25, Coming April 26, 2024

12 minutes ago, best3444 said:

You haven't bought a game in over 3-4 months. Every game you get you either don't finish or don't like. 

Vic bought you FF and I bought you like 3 games in a month. I've learned my lesson with you. No review or even stepee said it's unplayable. You're ridiculous with games. 

I'm sorry. Please don't be mad. It was such a horrible game. 

4 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Do you have PayPal? I want my $50 back. It's like I litteraly flushed it down the toilet.

Jesus. its in my Microsoft wallet. I'm not paying you $50 out of my own money. I'll gift you a $50 game of your choice though. 

If a game like this is well-designed, I find it needs to have a really well done career mode for me to latch on to it. It's a shame it doesn't seem to have a fully fleshed out roster (through no fault of theirs, I'm sure), and the career mode is a little wonky (for a variety of reasons, but one being that the in game economy is all fucked up by the VC shit). 

I will maybe pick this up at 30 bucks or less down the line. 

I just played an exhibition match against Andre Agassi and wiped the floor with him in 6 sets. All in the process of having an utter blast. It’s a terrific tennis game. You don't need training. I learned a lot just through a long match. 

@Biggie Yea I'll take a gift for $50 whenever you are capable of doing so. 

In my career and already leveling up. The soundtrack is phenomenal with Drake and the weeknd. 

Lol, in my career I've been passing all training and haven't lost one match. 

Am I missing something or is this not that difficult? Granted I'm playing on very easy but I'm not seeing any challenge that stepee said was here. 

I just played a player with a significantly higher rating than my created player and completely dominated him.

I have the timing down perfectly and it's easy as hell. I'm already putting a lot of points to my player. 

35 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I just played an exhibition match against Andre Agassi and wiped the floor with him in 6 sets. All in the process of having an utter blast. It’s a terrific tennis game. You don't need training. I learned a lot just through a long match. 

I’ll need your Microsoft/Xbox name so I can gift it back to you. 

40 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Seriously? I mean seriously? you asking for your money back? That takes a genuinely honorable act and just wipes it. Don't do that, just learn your lesson and move on. Your better than that! You really are . . . 

9 minutes ago, HardAct said:

Seriously? I mean seriously? you asking for your money back? That takes a genuinely honorable act and just wipes it. Don't do that, just learn your lesson and move on. Your better than that! You really are . . . 

I have given him too much and he litteraly didn't even give the game a chance. I'm having an utter blast with it. It's not difficult in the slightest. I'm not giving someone $50 for them to check out a tutorial mode in a game then delete it for a refund. He didn't even play it. I'm not made of money man. I just bought him DD2 and he dropped that, too. I bought him 3 games in one month lol. I'm very kind with my money but there is a limit that I can't take. 

15 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I’ll need your Microsoft/Xbox name so I can gift it back to you. 

Johnearts

19 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I have given him too much and he litteraly didn't even give the game a chance. I'm having an utter blast with it. It's not difficult in the slightest. I'm not giving someone $50 for them to check out a tutorial mode in a game then delete it for a refund. He didn't even play it. I'm not made of money man. I just bought him DD2 and he dropped that, too. I bought him 3 games in one month lol. I'm very kind with my money but there is a limit that I can't take. 

Johnearts

OK, OK it's your gig and wasn't my place to say anything. I apologise kind sir . . . 

• Thanks 1

I haven't lost one single match in my career or exhibition. I even tested it with playing my created player against Federer and I absolutely destroyed him. 

I get perfect basically every time with the timing gauge. 

I will soon adjust the difficulty so that I have a challenge. I mean I don't even get scored on lol. Overall this is a better simulation than Virtua Tennis. It's a fantastic sports game and anyone on the fence on buying it I say it's completely worth your money. 

31 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Johnearts

To be fair I only asked for one game. The others you insisted and bought for me. But I’ll return your $50. It’s not a big deal. I was just going to buy another game with it. Once I get home I’ll send it and let you know. Glad you are having fun with the game. 

42 minutes ago, Biggie said:

To be fair I only asked for one game. The others you insisted and bought for me. But I’ll return your $50. It’s not a big deal. I was just going to buy another game with it. Once I get home I’ll send it and let you know. Glad you are having fun with the game. 

Only send me $50 when you feel comfortable to do so. 

It's a shame you didn't give it a chance because it's awesome. I'm not sure why stepee was struggling because it's an absolute joke on very easy. 

The soundtrack is phenomenal, on court action looks beautiful, and my career is like NBA 2k. It's a terrific game and I think you made a mistake. 

2 hours ago, HardAct said:

Hey, it’s tax season! I’m also going to be doing a reassessment on my previous gifts to the community and will be tagging members that I want refunds from.

• Shocked 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, stepee said:

Hey, it’s tax season! I’m also going to be doing a reassessment on my previous gifts to the community and will be tagging members that I want refunds from.

I have a feeling I'm going to get hit hard by this. I made a big contribution in your name. :s

1 hour ago, stepee said:

It is a pretty strange request. But whatever. I’ll send it tonight when I get home. Do I need to refund him for DD2 also?

I've been MORE than generous to the community and to Biggie. I never ever ask for my money back but if someone isn't even going to actually play the game and get a refund then I want my money back. 

You can make all the smart-ass comments you want about tax season but in this scenario I'm not wrong for wanting my money. 

Especially after I've played this game for 4 hours today debunking every negative thing he said about the game. It’s a phenomenal tennis game and on very easy there is no issues in advancing and enjoying the game. 

3 minutes ago, Biggie said:

It is a pretty strange request. But whatever. I’ll send it tonight when I get home. Do I need to refund him for DD2 also?

On that one I think he needs to refund your time!

• True 1

7 minutes ago, Biggie said:

It's not a strange request in the slightest. And no, you don't have to refund me DD2 because you actually played the game for an extensive period of time and made a fair assessment that it wasn't for you. 

2 minutes ago, AlwaysDyingX said:

There is a definite learning curve but its rewarding 

On very easy there is no learning curve. It's extremely easy. I didn't lose one match in 4 hours. Tomorrow I'm bumping up the difficulty. 

My biggest issue with the game is I had no experience with Top Spin and blindly hoped it would be exactly Virtual Tennis which it isn’t. It’s more simmy, like their NBA2k games, though those have an arcade mode now. From what Ive seen from actual Top Spin fans, they love it.

I like it more when I allow it to be its own thing and I’m sure it’ll click more the less I play it as if it’s VT. But that just means I still really need that series back either way.

I do like the idea of how much depth potential there is to the gameplay here though. Also I consider this thread the story mode to the game and that has added to its entertainment value.

Oh, and if anyone was wondering it’s the current gen version on pc, not the last gen version like NBA2k series is on pc, so that is good.

But no steam cloud save support is trashhhhh. I’ll have to manually transfer my save to my deck..if they patch it so it works right there as well.

2 minutes ago, stepee said:

On that one I think he needs to refund your time!

I just hope everyone who won one of his game giveaways really enjoys the game they picked or it’s gonna cost them

• Haha 2

I'm a Top Spin veteran so I picked up on this extremely fast. I'm hitting "perfect" shots 90% of the time. I'm mixing it up with smashes, forehands, backhands, flats, side spins, blocks, slices, and topspin shots.

Like I said I wasn't challenged in the slightest on very easy. But I can see newcomers to the series having to get through a learning curve. 

5 hours ago, best3444 said:

Johnearts

How the hell do I take $50 from the balance on my Series X and send it back to you? I don’t have extra money to just buy a card. It’s on my account. I see it. How do I gift it to you?

@stepee do you know?

17 minutes ago, Biggie said:

How the hell do I take $50 from the balance on my Series X and send it back to you? I don’t have extra money to just buy a card. It’s on my account. I see it. How do I gift it to you?

@stepee do you know?

I think you’d have to like gift him a $50 specific game lol 

• Sad 1