After 13 Years, TopSpin Tennis is Back: TopSpin 2K25, Coming April 26, 2024

8 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I love U. 

Hide contents

I feel bad because you keep treating me to games. If only you had listened to me about DD2. Then it wouldn’t be so bad  

DD2 fooled me and I made the mistake of buying it for you. Don't worry about me buying games for you. It's no big deal. Plus we can discuss how Top Spin is like two prepubescent school girls this Friday. 

I bought you a $50 digital code and I will get an email soon. 

8 minutes ago, best3444 said:

DD2 fooled me and I made the mistake of buying it for you. Don't worry about me buying games for you. It's no big deal. Plus we can discuss how Top Spin is like two prepubescent school girls this Friday. 

I bought you a $50 digital code and I will get an email soon. 

Thank you

• Halal 1

Well, after using the instant level 10 bonus the deluxe version came with I was able to actually win a match in one of the special matches in the mycareer mode. Still can’t beat a tournament match (playing on very easy!) so gonna have to get a lot better! Definitely a high skill ceiling here. Also while 24 isn’t a lot of pro players what I do appreciate is there are actually tons of courses. The gameplay itself feels great ngl, just going to have to get better at it and remember it’s not VT.

• Like 1
  • Hype 1

Wonder if there is any chance they fix the deck version with a patch on Friday. I’m just streaming it with moonlight for now but this is a game I want native. It’s a tennis rpg thing, I need that to be handheld and ready for quick pick up and plays.

There are also no cloud saves atm which apparently is a 2k thing on pc but hopefully they patch that in too since I use multiple devices. In general with the kind of games 2k makes they should support cloud saves to be more handheld friendly.

The core tennis game is growing on me more even though I suck at it. I feel like there is a lot of depth here. Actual tennis fans seem to be impressed with the sim here.

3 hours ago, stepee said:

Wonder if there is any chance they fix the deck version with a patch on Friday. I’m just streaming it with moonlight for now but this is a game I want native. It’s a tennis rpg thing, I need that to be handheld and ready for quick pick up and plays.

There are also no cloud saves atm which apparently is a 2k thing on pc but hopefully they patch that in too since I use multiple devices. In general with the kind of games 2k makes they should support cloud saves to be more handheld friendly.

The core tennis game is growing on me more even though I suck at it. I feel like there is a lot of depth here. Actual tennis fans seem to be impressed with the sim here.

This is precisely what reviews are saying. It takes a lot of practice in the tutorial sections which is expansive. I wish it were more arcadey like Virtua Tennis so I hope I have fun with it. 

4 hours ago, ShreddieMercury said:

All I need to hear is that there is a good single player career mode, and that the MTX are unobtrusive.  If so I'm gonna get this.  Love tennis and miss sports games so much.

I’m not sure I’d say the MTX is great here, really wish 2k could find a way to tone that back some on everything they do, but you can definitely enjoy the career mode and other modes without buying stuff with real money. It’s a difficult game though, and part of why it’s so hard is surely to sell you stuff, and that is annoying. But eventually you’ll get your character leveled up just by playing and it’ll get more fair.

I finally beat a tournament match in career mode last night! I’m getting better. To the games credit, while I think the AI on very easy is harder than it would be if not designed around mtx, my biggest issue is still learning the timing myself. It wants you to actually play correctly which is more demanding than VT.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, best3444 said:

One of my go to reviews gave this a 7 but had nothing but praise for it. So it was a bit confusing. I'm generally good at sports games so I think I will do just fine. 

Are you staying up until midnight? I would if it weren’t for work in the morning. 

1 minute ago, Biggie said:

Are you staying up until midnight? I would if it weren’t for work in the morning. 

Na. I haven't done that in a long time. It would have to be a big time release for me to do that. 

3 minutes ago, AlwaysDyingX said:

A 7 for sports games is good. 

Yea and I think the in-game real life currency soured reviews on this. 2K is ridiculous with that. It's definitely a great tennis game and I'm looking forward to playing tomorrow. 

9 hours ago, best3444 said:

Yea and I think the in-game real life currency soured reviews on this. 2K is ridiculous with that. It's definitely a great tennis game and I'm looking forward to playing tomorrow. 

Angry Atp Tour GIF by Tennis TV

@Biggie I could only do a few things because the game isn't fully downloaded.

You are immediately thrown into a match where you play as Federer against Andy Murray.

They litteraly just let you play the rest of the match with no tutorial. I won the match easily but that probably doesn't mean anything.

I then was able to do some training which is fun and very worthwhile. It looks very good visually but the character models are not exactly great. But when playing it looks very good. 

I will play later but it's fun so far. I plan on really doing all the training to get better then ill start a career. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Biggie said:

Okay the training has a lot going on. It’s like dude I just wanna play fucking tennis not learn controls that are convoluted. 

Uh oh. Can you just do a my career without doing training? God I hope I didn't buy you another shitty game. :(

Just now, best3444 said:

Uh oh. Can you just do a my career without doing training? God I hope I didn't buy you another shitty game. :(

Sure you can but there is a lot to learn and without learning it you ain’t gonna do shit in my player except get your shit pushed in. 

6 minutes ago, best3444 said:

This sounds terrible. My game is still downloading its absolutely pathetic. My Xbox and deck download games really fast. My PS5 is a joke. 

You’ll see. I’d rather play DD2. 

• Haha 1

Fuck training, just start my career and be okay with getting your ass kicked as you learn. You do one training, one special activity, and one tournament each “month” so you will be doing tons of training as you play it anyway.

@Biggie what’s funny is our big issue with Mario Tennis Aces, the last real arcadey tennis game, was also being too difficult. Who decided tennis games needed to be punishing??

I think this will be worth learning tho, it’s a lot of fun once you start getting the hang of it. Also exhibitions where you play as an actual player are much easier and can be pretty much played as VT on easy difficulty.

6 minutes ago, stepee said:

@Biggie what’s funny is our big issue with Mario Tennis Aces, the last real arcadey tennis game, was also being too difficult. Who decided tennis games needed to be punishing??

I think this will be worth learning tho, it’s a lot of fun once you start getting the hang of it. Also exhibitions where you play as an actual player are much easier and can be pretty much played as VT on easy difficulty.

It’s tennis. Just make it easy damn.