After 13 Years, TopSpin Tennis is Back: TopSpin 2K25, Coming April 26, 2024

If anyone gets early access please post impressions. I watched some streams and it seems really fun. Wonder how many of the mini games are in the game and how robust is the single player mode. Does it play like the PSVita version? A sports rpg? 

22 minutes ago, Biggie said:

If anyone gets early access please post impressions. I watched some streams and it seems really fun. Wonder how many of the mini games are in the game and how robust is the single player mode. Does it play like the PSVita version? A sports rpg? 

I might do early access....

• Hype 1

1 hour ago, Biggie said:

Read reviews. I know it's a difficult concept for some here but they tell you everything you need to know. 

It's at 77 at metacritic. I'm passing on it. 

Just now, best3444 said:

Read reviews. I know it's a difficult concept for some here but they tell you everything you need to know. 

It's at 77 at metacritic. I'm passing on it. 

I trust D1P people wayyyy more than some random ass reviewer who has ulterior motives. 

But please, you keep enjoying being their cuck. 

Just now, Biggie said:

I trust D1P people wayyyy more than some random ass reviewer who has ulterior motives. 

But please, you keep enjoying being their cuck. 

I can't comment on that. Maybe I'll pm you. 

21 minutes ago, Biggie said:

But it for me and I will give you your very own personal non-bias independent review. 

I can't buy it for you. Shit isn't going as planned financially and I'm in the middle of trying to figure it out. I may have to go to court. 

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, best3444 said:

@Biggie Things are good. I just don't know if I want to waste money on a game you may not like again. They say it's hardcore. 

I have $30 in Microsoft cards. So technically it would only be wasting $40. 

Animated GIF

22 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I have $30 in Microsoft cards. So technically it would only be wasting $40. 

Animated GIF

I'm gunna look into this more. I might buy it myself. If I actually liked mp games or felt like being social I'd play against you online. 

• Hugs 1

5 hours ago, Biggie said:

I played a bit last night and it’s pretty fun yeah. I need to play a lot more and get much better at timing though. It definitely wants a bit more out of you than Virtua Tennis does, especially with timing. Or at least, it’s more obvious about it. I was getting my ass quite handed to me on very easy still in the my player mode. Though very easy exhibitions where you pick an actual player are easy as expected.

I haven’t done any mini games so far that are as inventive as the VT ones (don’t forget this is not the same series as Virtua Tennis World Tour) but idk how many there are so maybe some are more so. Just some basic stuff like stay in this box while hitting the ball to this box.

Theres lots of leveling up to do for better or worse since that is likely where 2k will 2k and get grindy to entice you to buy improvements with real money. The tour here has you going month by month and each month you have a mini game, a training, and a tournament. You get retries but if you fail all of them that is it you just need to move on to the next month. 

I can’t comment how it plays out but I could see it being a bit addictive. 

Steam deck support isn’t there out of the gate which is a bit disappointing too though it seems to run okay, it’s just glitchy, so maybe that will be fixed by actual release.

Graphically I guess it’s the best looking Tennis game yet, for what that’s worth but honestly I expected a bit more from Hanger13 especially with the character models. 

My initial impression is that it’s not quite up to Virtua Tennis Vita’s high bar, but it’s something that is pretty close to it and will scratch the itch until Sega gets to it.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

I'm gunna look into this more. I might buy it myself. If I actually liked mp games or felt like being social I'd play against you online. 

49 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Seems very solid...

42 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I just watched 3 video reviews all giving it an 8 and higher. Best sports game in years.

I might be buying this later today. 

Anchorman GIF

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, stepee said:

idk you’d have to check the store page on psn

I checked and I can't. No biggie I'll just wait. $100 for the deluxe is a bit steep for me anyway. 

@Biggie It doesn't come out until Friday. I can still get you a copy. 

• Hugs 1

30 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I checked and I can't. No biggie I'll just wait. $100 for the deluxe is a bit steep for me anyway. 

@Biggie It doesn't come out until Friday. I can still get you a copy. 

It’s cross-play. I don’t need the full game. I have $30 in Microsoft cards I told ya. 

2 minutes ago, Biggie said:

It’s cross-play. I don’t need the full game. I have $30 in Microsoft cards I told ya. 

So you just need $40? What do you mean by saying it's cross-play? What does that have to do with anything. 

6 minutes ago, best3444 said:

So you just need $40? What do you mean by saying it's cross-play? What does that have to do with anything. 

I thought you said you’d might wanna play against each other. So if you’re PS5 we could play if I’m Xbox 

5 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I thought you said you’d might wanna play against each other. So if you’re PS5 we could play if I’m Xbox 

Oh, I see. I'm antisocial and don't play anything online anymore. :p

3 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Ok, check your pm shortly. 

I love U. 

Spoiler

I feel bad because you keep treating me to games. If only you had listened to me about DD2. Then it wouldn’t be so bad