After 13 Years, TopSpin Tennis is Back: TopSpin 2K25, Coming April 26, 2024

Just now, best3444 said:

I think I need to stop buying games for you. You don't read reviews and go into games blindly. I just wasted more money on you again. Garbage. 

Sorry. I won’t accept anymore. 

25 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I mean stepee clearly said the game was difficult. What were you expecting?

You’ll see. I’m starting night classes at the local community college to get all the controls down. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Biggie said:

You’ll see. I’m starting night classes at the local community college to get all the controls down. 

I understood it was difficult before buying it. 😆 

I will be fine with it. 

15 minutes ago, Biggie said:

unacceptable 

I mean it doesn’t seem like there is thattttt much to learn just to play regularly though it is difficult. I think you may be over complicating it cuz you just wanted to play some arcade tennis asap :P

Try just playing some exhibition on very easy with the pros and start getting into the zone on timing imo 

7 minutes ago, stepee said:

I mean it doesn’t seem like there is thattttt much to learn just to play regularly though it is difficult. I think you may be over complicating it cuz you just wanted to play some arcade tennis asap :P

Try just playing some exhibition on very easy with the pros and start getting into the zone on timing imo 

Bro, have you done any of the training with John McEnroe? Its like literally do this while holding this and aim with the stick, and chew gum and pat your head three times but do it counter clockwise and oh ya do all this blindfolded. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Biggie said:

Bro, have you done any of the training with John McEnroe? Its like literally do this while holding this and aim with the stick, and chew gum and pat your head three times but do it counter clockwise and oh ya do all this blindfolded. 

:lol:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Biggie said:

lol no I skipped right over that cuz i just wanted to play some tennis  :P

I plan to check it out later but for now Im just working on timing and leveling up.

Just now, best3444 said:

I'm surprised you're not being more patient since it's a sports game. Stepee isn't even really into sports yet he is having a good time and learning how to play it. 

Im not into sports but tbf I am into sports games such as tennis. I am also giving it some time and willing to learn and I think it’ll be worthwhile but I do wish it was a new VT World Tour we got instead of this. 

Just now, stepee said:

Im not into sports but tbf I am into sports games such as tennis. I am also giving it some time and willing to learn and I think it’ll be worthwhile but I do wish it was a new VT World Tour we got instead of this. 

Yea I understand. Oh well, I'll be patient tomorrow and take your advice and mostly skip training and just learn by playing on easy mode. 

15 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Yea I understand. Oh well, I'll be patient tomorrow and take your advice and mostly skip training and just learn by playing on easy mode. 

I’ll await your utter disappointment :daydream:

• Wrong 1

4 minutes ago, stepee said:

My prediction is that biggie comes around to it a little bit and best can’t stand it after like two hours or so

I already played it. Did some training but it was limited because my game wasn't fully downloaded.

You made a prediction like this with Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth and Biggie dropped it like a hot potato lol. You said I'd dislike it and Biggie would love it. 

I absolutely love tennis games and will learn to enjoy this. Top Spin is my favorite tennis game even over Virtua Tennis. 

Just now, best3444 said:

I already played it. Did some training but it was limited because my game wasn't fully downloaded.

You made a prediction like this with Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth and Biggie dropped it like a hot potato lol. You said I'd dislike it and Biggie would love it. 

I absolutely love tennis games and will learn to enjoy this. Top Spin is my favorite tennis game even over Virtua Tennis. 

We will see! It just seems like not the kind of game you ever invest much time in but maybe this will be the one.

I am surprised biggs didn’t like IW more when I think of its combat but less surprised when I think of all the conversation in that game .

2 minutes ago, stepee said:

We will see! It just seems like not the kind of game you ever invest much time in but maybe this will be the one.

I am surprised biggs didn’t like IW more when I think of its combat but less surprised when I think of all the conversation in that game .

I invest my time into good sports games. I was an NBA 2K junkie for years. I played and loved both virtua tennis games on DC and then fell in love with Top Spin on Xbox. 

I can already tell I'm going to like this just from the little I played. 

I think Biggie will learn to like this tomorrow with a fresh mind. 

40 minutes ago, stepee said:

I’m going to give IW another try for sure. Very soon. Got to redownload it. 

• Hype 1

11 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I’m going to give IW another try for sure. Very soon. Got to redownload it. 

Consoles should really let you run any current gen game off a 2gb/s external ssd. Just give a warning when you plug it in. I feel like that would make storage a lot easier for console users and that there are like maybe a handful of games at most that would have an issue with that bandwidth.

4 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Just be prepared to put the controller down and watch the 47min cutscenes every 5 minutes. 

As long as John McEnroe isn’t telling me to aim with the left stick, choose 9 different shot types, hold,the swing button until the ball hits the racket, make sure I’m positioned correctly, grab the right trigger to preform a drop shot, all at the same time I’ll be okay.  

10 minutes ago, Biggie said:

As long as John McEnroe isn’t telling me to aim with the left stick, choose 9 different shot types, hold,the swing button until the ball hits the racket, make sure I’m positioned correctly, grab the right trigger to preform a drop shot, all at the same time I’ll be okay.  

Jesus I'm actually concerned to try the training out at this point. 

37 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Jesus I'm actually concerned to try the training out at this point. 

I can’t even get past the first trial in my career. Very frustrating and not fun at all. Tennis video games should be fun and reactive. The timing aspect is so difficult I can’t do shit like aim, use different shots, and power. I could play exhibition but that’s not fun to me. I wanted to create a character, do mini games, and improve. But this shit sucks. 

9 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I just requested a refund from Microsoft and got it. The money is refunded back into my wallet. I’ll get something else. Worst tennis game ever. 

Thats great you could get a refund! I can definitely see this being way too much for some people. I’d be pretty disappointed if I didn’t buy anything anyway on a few fronts beyond difficulty too. I’ll play as I did with Aces but I don’t know why we can’t have a real arcade ass tennis game. Cmon Sega bring it back. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Biggie said:

I just requested a refund from Microsoft and got it. The money is refunded back into my wallet. I’ll get something else. Worst tennis game ever. 

So you gave the game 1 hour and gave up? I gave you $50 for that! What in the actual fuck!

That is easily the last videogame I'm ever buying for you. Jesus Christ. 

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

So you gave the game 1 hour and gave up? I gave you $50 for that! What in the actual fuck!

That is easily the last videogame I'm ever buying for you. Jesus Christ. 

Bro, it’s literally the worst tennis video game I have ever played. In fact it’s unplayable. I’m sorry. I hope you have better luck enjoying it but there was no way I was going to throw away $70 on that. Can’t image people that paid over $100 for the deluxe version. 2K should be ashamed of themselves. And besides what does it matter which game I buy? Why must it be this? It’s fucking not fun at all. 

2 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

It's a good thing he didn't get the Playstation version. They don't offer a refund the moment you start downloading a game.

I requested a refund for the pre-order. 

2 hours ago, Biggie said:

Bro, it’s literally the worst tennis video game I have ever played. In fact it’s unplayable. I’m sorry. I hope you have better luck enjoying it but there was no way I was going to throw away $70 on that. Can’t image people that paid over $100 for the deluxe version. 2K should be ashamed of themselves. And besides what does it matter which game I buy? Why must it be this? It’s fucking not fun at all. 

I requested a refund for the pre-order. 

You haven't bought a game in over 3-4 months. Every game you get you either don't finish or don't like. 

Vic bought you FF and I bought you like 3 games in a month. I've learned my lesson with you. No review or even stepee said it's unplayable. You're ridiculous with games.