SCOTUS says Texas can't block federal agents from border | Update: Abbot says Texas can defy federal government, Trump says states should send national guard troops to "help" Texas

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Justices grant emergency appeal from Biden administration in 5-4 vote while lawsuit over wire on US-Mexico border continues

Yeah no shit.

The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday ordered Texas to allow federal border agents access to the state's border with Mexico, where Texas officials have deployed miles of concertina wire.

The order did not explain justices' decisions. For now, it effectively maintains long-standing court rulings that the Constitution gives the federal government sole responsibility for border security.

In October of last year, Texas sued the federal government after Border Patrol agents cut some of the wire strung along the Rio Grande, arguing DHS destroyed the state's property and interfered in Texas' border security efforts.

The 5-4 order from the Supreme Court vacated a previous injunction from the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals that prevented Border Patrol agents from cutting the concertina wire.

The usual turds dissented.

Justices Clarence Thomas, Samuel Alito, Neil Gorsuch and Brett Kavanaugh dissented.

The fact that the federal border agents have even let Texas law enforcement physically block them from helping migrants tells me this has gone on for so long because Border Patrol is lousy with chuds that like what Texas has been doing. Federal law enforcement knows perfectly well how to assert itself over state law enforcement when it wants to.

On 1/22/2024 at 1:49 PM, Jason said:

The fact that the federal border agents have even let Texas law enforcement physically block them from helping migrants tells me this has gone on for so long because Border Patrol is lousy with chuds that like what Texas has been doing. Federal law enforcement knows perfectly well how to assert itself over state law enforcement when it wants to.

Yeah but that’s about that devils lettuce not brown people.

Texas is Texasing again. We getting a Texit if biden comes down on them for ignoring the SC?

I'd post links but so far it's just X post from the Governor and Texas national guard.

WWW.NEWSWEEK.COM

Abbott and the Justice Department have been duking it out in court over a number of migrant deterrent tactics.

2 hours ago, chakoo said:

Texas is Texasing again. We getting a Texit if biden comes down on them for ignoring the SC?

I'd post links but so far it's just X post from the Governor and Texas national guard.

WWW.NEWSWEEK.COM

Abbott and the Justice Department have been duking it out in court over a number of migrant deterrent tactics.

That headline and article is extremely misleading. He isn't citing 'Supreme Law of Texas', he citing (wrongly) the US Constitution's part about States being able to repel invasion.

No State shall, without the Consent of Congress, lay any Duty of Tonnage, keep Troops, or Ships of War in time of Peace, enter into any Agreement or Compact with another State, or with a foreign Power, or engage in War, unless actually invaded, or in such imminent Danger as will not admit of delay.

1 hour ago, Jwheel86 said:

That headline and article is extremely misleading. He isn't citing 'Supreme Law of Texas', he citing (wrongly) the US Constitution's part about States being able to repel invasion.

There is more stuff, I just didn’t want to post X links and that was the first thing I could find on the issue.

10 minutes ago, chakoo said:

There is more stuff, I just didn’t want to post X links and that was the first thing I could find on the issue.

Yeah, totally, just annoying since there are better ways to show this is an L on Abbot's part, like that the quote in the statement is a dissenting opinion and not what the Constitution actually says. 

WWW.RAWSTORY.COM

In a two-part rant on Truth Social Thursday evening, former President Donald Trump called on Republican-controlled states to send National Guard troops to Texas to help Gov. Greg Abbott repel a supposed "invasion.""When I was President, we had the most secure Border in History," wrote Trump. "Joe Bi...

• CitizenVectron changed the title to SCOTUS says Texas can't block federal agents from border | Update: Abbot says Texas can defy federal government, Trump says states should send national guard troops to "help" Texas
6 minutes ago, osxmatt said:

Has anyone found a link to the actual SCOTUS ruling/opinion? I tried searching for it earlier today and couldn’t find anything.

That's because it was an unsigned ruling issued without an explanation.

WWW.SCOTUSBLOG.COM

The Supreme Court on Thursday granted a request from the Biden administration to allow federal Border Patrol agents to cut or move razor wire installed by Texas along a portion of the U.S.-Mexico border. Three migrants – a woman and two children – drowned on Jan. 12 near the disputed area, the Bi

This is all you're gonna get:

Application (23A607) to vacate injunction presented to Justice Alito and by him referred to the Court is granted. The December 19, 2023 order of the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, case No. 23-50869, is vacated. Justice Thomas, Justice Alito, Justice Gorsuch, and Justice Kavanaugh would deny the application to vacate injunction.

1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:
WWW.RAWSTORY.COM

In a two-part rant on Truth Social Thursday evening, former President Donald Trump called on Republican-controlled states to send National Guard troops to Texas to help Gov. Greg Abbott repel a supposed...

This is essentially treason, right?