Took advantage of the black friday hulu deal

The Bear, Only Murders in the Building, Solar Opposites (if you like Rick & Morty), I enjoyed How I Met Your Father but it’s cancelled so we’ll never get a resolution now, I keep meaning to watch History of the World Part II, Palm Springs is a fun time-loop movie, Dave is a great show but it’s also on FX so you may have seen it already. I also enjoyed Reboot a lot, but it’s canned after only one season because there was basically no advertising for it.

3 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

The Bear, Only Murders in the Building, Solar Opposites (if you like Rick & Morty), I enjoyed How I Met Your Father but it’s cancelled so we’ll never get a resolution now, I keep meaning to watch History of the World Part II, Palm Springs is a fun time-loop movie, Dave is a great show but it’s also on FX so you may have seen it already. I also enjoyed Reboot a lot, but it’s canned after only one season because there was basically no advertising for it.

Also, it’s on Disney+ as well, but the Goosebumps show from last month with Justin Long was better than it had any right to be.

1 hour ago, DarkStar189 said:

Always wondered about the ad plan. Does it show you ads throughout the movie or just at the beginning? 

For movies it's typically a single group of ads at the beginning (a long 4-6 minute group typically), for shows it's throughout for anywhere from 90 seconds to 3 minutes per ad break. (I'm going by Paramount and Peacock)

1 hour ago, DarkStar189 said:

Always wondered about the ad plan. Does it show you ads throughout the movie or just at the beginning? 

I've watched a few movies and so far it's a couple of minutes of ads before the movie. As for TV shows it' basically the same as network tv.

5 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Also, it’s on Disney+ as well, but the Goosebumps show from last month with Justin Long was better than it had any right to be.

yeah I watched it D+, was surprised how well done it was 

14 minutes ago, DarkStar189 said:

That doesn’t sound too bad then. I wouldn’t be able to handle it if they put ad breaks in during the movie. It would be too reminiscent of cable days where you try watching a movie on network tv:sick: 

When Hulu does put ad in the movie, they’re generally nice about it. They’ll front load it so you’ll get a couple breaks in the first half, but then the second half is clear. 

2 hours ago, DarkStar189 said:

That doesn’t sound too bad then. I wouldn’t be able to handle it if they put ad breaks in during the movie. It would be too reminiscent of cable days where you try watching a movie on network tv:sick: 

Try watching movies on Plex (the free ones not the ones on your own server) and they put a bunch of ad breaks during the movie. It's not so bad but the worst part is the volume isn't equal so one ad might be super loud compared to the others.

99 cents is a great deal, but holy shit, Hulu with ads is painful. At least with Fargo, they're ALWAYS a minute and a half and happen 6? 7? Times throughout the hour show. Even with free youtube, you have the option to skip the longer ones.

I still watch live tv for certain things and the commercials don't bug me as much as they do on Hulu. Even with 'Peacock' they seem to throw in a short 30 second ad break every so often.

• True 1

I wish there was a way to get the cheap version of these services with ads, but then pay some nominal fee to watch something without ads.

Like, give me ads most of the time, but give me the option to pay an extra 50 cents to watch a movie with no ads.

On 11/28/2023 at 2:11 AM, SoberChef said:

I did the same w/ Peacock (1 year/$20) so I'll have access to all the PPV's from WWE over the next year.

WWE?

I signed up for a Peacock $20 buck deal.. didnt know that Wwe was part of the thing… watched Super Mario Bros film on it with no commercials except for the beginning..

Ads definitely show up for Brooklyn 99.. 45 to 60 second variety…

Its not bad, but i’ve definitely become an intolerant little shit after spending a few years commercial free with MLS, Hulu and Apple shows

3 hours ago, 5timechamp said:

WWE?

I signed up for a Peacock $20 buck deal.. didnt know that Wwe was part of the thing… watched Super Mario Bros film on it with no commercials except for the beginning..

Its not bad, but i’ve definitely become an intolerant little shit after spending a few years commercial free with MLS, Hulu and Apple shows

Oh yeah take a look next time you load up Peacock, the entire WWE network had its own tab, not dissimilar to MAX & the HBO tab.

On 11/30/2023 at 10:02 AM, 5timechamp said:

WWE?

That's the thing I hate most with ad supported streaming, is ads in 30 minute shows, because it always seems disproportionate to me.  Though I find if you want several in a row, it doesn't get so bad after the first epiosde.