Avengers: Kang Dynasty gets new writer: Michael Waldron, creator of Loki

2 hours ago, TwinIon said:

I enjoyed Loki well enough, and I do think the episodes he wrote (1.1, 1.6) were some of the better ones, but between those and Multiverse of Madness it still doesn't exactly make me thrilled.

Yeah, I'm with you. I liked his episodes from season 1 of Loki but Doctor Strange 2 was not good and he solely wrote that.

2 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Yeah, I'm with you. I liked his episodes from season 1 of Loki but Doctor Strange 2 was not good and he solely wrote that.

You gotta wonder if some things were kept back from happening because of Covid restrictions at the time of filming. The movie had its moments and would probably give it another go and see if it improves on a 2nd viewing. The 3D did add some extra fun to the picture. Plus I wish more picked up on the whole Dr. Strange/Wong fight against the alien octopus like creature, being our world’s variant fight of Oc/Spider-Man Spider-Man 2. Some with even shot for shot scenes, and made even better that Sam Raimi got to film them both. 

• True 1

11 minutes ago, silentbob said:

You gotta wonder if some things were kept back from happening because of Covid restrictions at the time of filming. The movie had its moments and would probably give it another go and see if it improves on a 2nd viewing. The 3D did add some extra fun to the picture. Plus I wish more picked up on the whole Dr. Strange/Wong fight against the alien octopus like creature, being our world’s variant fight of Oc/Spider-Man Spider-Man 2. Some with even shot for shot scenes, and made even better that Sam Raimi got to film them both. 

i think the movie suffered more from switching directors and raimi not getting to go full raimi since it’s an mcu film. some of the stuff he directed was raimi and it was great but mcu held him back. 

• True 1

42 minutes ago, silentbob said:

28 minutes ago, johnny said:

i think the movie suffered more from switching directors and raimi not getting to go full raimi since it’s an mcu film. some of the stuff he directed was raimi and it was great but mcu held him back. 

It's like a lot of action/adventure films these days - it just goes on endlessly from vapid, CG filled action scene - quips - exposition - action scene structure and it's exhausting. There are few really meaty dramatic scenes to actually get invested in and all the sound and fury can only take you so far.

1 minute ago, Brick said:

I liked Doctor Strange in the MOM. 

I've heard rumours that Raimi might direct the next Avengers movie. 

Strange 2 is fun but a bit flawed. It's visually interesting and when it gets to be creative, it's pretty darn good. It also has too much baggage for a non-Avengers / tentpole movie. Its biggest flub is that it sets up some potential internal conflict for Strange and then just kind of... doesn't deal with it. A sequel setup is fine in general and this is Marvel so it's inevitable to some extent. But setting up Strange potentially Shang Tsung'ing a kid to stop Wanda, when that is literally what Wanda is trying to do to that same kid is just lousy. It was never going to happen, and implying that OTHER people in the multiverse with the same name would have done that isn't really a well baited hook. Especially because... other Wanda's aren't going completely batshit! So the audience is being asked to think all Stevens are inherently selfish and dangerous while also being shown that's not how the multiverse works. It's weird and it doesn't really work as a study of what makes Dr. Strange tick... but it's fun.

Also Black Bolt gets OHKO'd and Black Bolt has, does, and always will blow ass, so I take it all back. No notes for Strange 2, it's great.