Where can I buy Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade for my deck

best3444

Is there a reason you can't just buy it on Steam directly? It's on sale for $35. It is Verified for Deck, it was a big deal when they announced it was coming to Steam they also announced that it was Deck Verified. I played it a bit on Deck and it worked fine.

STORE.STEAMPOWERED.COM

Cloud Strife, an ex-SOLDIER operative, descends on the mako-powered city of Midgar. The world of the timeless classic FINAL FANTASY VII is reborn, using cutting-edge graphics technology, a new battle system and an additional adventure featuring Yuffie Kisaragi.

5 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

The general answer to “where do I buy a game for the Deck?” is Steam. Keep it simple.

I thought buying from steam is more expensive?

17 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

It’s the same as the PS5 game, I thought you tried it and didn’t like it (I vaguely remember it being discussed in the FF16 thread)?

I'll definitely enjoy it more laying in bed relaxing. 

11 minutes ago, Biggie said:

its turned based. You didn't like it on PS5 but I always feel these type games are made for handheld gaming instead of being tied to your television. You might enjoy it more on the Deck.

You're right, playing on the deck will be a much better experience. 

14 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

No. It’s often much cheaper to buy a Steam key elsewhere. Not in this case though. 

I guess it was the phrasing of the question that concerned me. Best is new to the PC world, and buying straight from Steam is the simplest way to know he can easily play a game on the Deck. Maybe I’m being unfair, but I’m just imagining all the ways he can end up buying the wrong thing, or getting something that will take a lot of work to get running on the Deck. He should probably get in the habit of at least looking on Steam first to make sure the game is available there and Deck verified, then look for deals on Steam keys if the price there is too much. 

7 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

I guess it was the phrasing of the question that concerned me. Best is new to the PC world, and buying straight from Steam is the simplest way to know he can easily play a game on the Deck. Maybe I’m being unfair, but I’m just imagining all the ways he can end up buying the wrong thing, or getting something that will take a lot of work to get running on the Deck. He should probably get in the habit of at least looking on Steam first to make sure the game is available there and Deck verified, then look for deals on Steam keys if the price there is too much. 

I look at steam and cdkeys. 

4 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

Yes. If the only PC you’re going to play on is a deck, you need to look at how it performs on one. 

@best3444only seems to play AAA games, and 90% of the time a Steam key is cheaper on CDKeys, GMG or Fanatical.   Particularly outside of a Steam sale. 

7 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I look at steam and cdkeys. 

And the way you phrased it in your OP, it sounds like you were looking for it on cdkeys before knowing if it was available for your Deck, which is what worried me. I don’t want you wasting money on games you can’t play! 

• Thanks 1

@TheLeon is on the right track here. Yes you can save a couple of bucks here and there but if you go to these external sites you really got to read the fine print. Best could wind up getting an EGS code or something and then he'd be back here saying, "I bought game from X and the code won't work on my deck" and we will jump through all this trouble solving to find out he bought a code for the Mac or something.

Steam is cheap enough and very simple for what he has.

24 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

@TheLeon is on the right track here. Yes you can save a couple of bucks here and there but if you go to these external sites you really got to read the fine print. Best could wind up getting an EGS code or something and then he'd be back here saying, "I bought game from X and the code won't work on my deck" and we will jump through all this trouble solving to find out he bought a code for the Mac or something.

Steam is cheap enough and very simple for what he has.

So is cd keys ok? So stick with steam and c cd keys?

4 hours ago, best3444 said:

So is cd keys ok? So stick with steam and c cd keys?

3 hours ago, best3444 said:

No issues. I'll try steam as my first choice though. 

CDKeys is absolutely fine, always compare prices, and use/check GreenManGaming as well. However, as @Keyser_Sozementioned, check to make sure what app/platform the key is for. It’s not hidden in any way.

Example:

IMG-8382.jpg 

IMG-8383.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

CD Keys isn't an authorized reseller, meaning they have no relationship with publishers.  You're probably fine to use it, but it's technically grey market.

I tend to stick with Humble Bundle, Fanatical and GMG when I'm buying keys outside of Steam itself.  Those are the big 3 that do work with publishers directly.  Anything listed on isthereanydeal.com or r/gamedeals is probably okay.

Speaking of which, Humble Choice is a huge boon for building a Steam library of solid stuff.  There's easy ways to game their system to get it cheaper than the listed $12 a month.  But even if you don't, its worth it maybe half the time, and they make pausing a month fairly painless when you don't like the selections.

5 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

CD Keys isn't an authorized retailer, meaning they have no relationship with publishers.  You're probably fine to use it, but it's technically grey market.

I tend to stick with Humble Bundle, Fanatical and GMG when I'm buying keys outside of Steam itself.  Those are the big 3 that do work with publishers directly.  Anything listed on isthereanydeal.com or r/gamedeals is probably okay.

CDKeys gets a lot of its keys through publishers and developers, but not all of them.  I've used them for years, and never had a problem.  For many new releases, their prices are significantly below the price the game is available elsewhere.

Other places like G2A have had significant problems reselling "peer-to-peer" keys that are later revoked;  CDKeys doesn't source its keys the same way.

23 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Grey market is absolutely fine, it's black market (G2G) that's the issue (and the two are often conflated). All keys sold on CDKeys are obtained and sold legally.

My understanding is that they source their keys in the cheapest way possible, basically sourcing keys from cheaper regions.  Perhaps bundles as well?  Like you say, its grey market, not black.

It's rare, but you can find examples of their keys being revoked.

27 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

Which ones?  Serious question.

I trust you know the answer because they're so transparent about it. :p

We know they take advantage of regional pricing and buy many of their keys in low price markets, and resell them in high price markets.

They resell keys from MS, Rockstar and EA -- so we know they are buying in bulk from them.

24 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

We know they take advantage of regional pricing and buy many of their keys in low price markets, and resell them in high price markets.

They resell keys from MS, Rockstar and EA -- so we know they are buying in bulk from them.

A comment in the link I posted above suggested that EA games are among those most likely to be revoked.  According to EA themselves, they don't sell to CD Keys:

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/where-to-buy-ea-games-v2/

So their keys definitely aren't being bought in bulk from EA.  Could surmise the same from the others you mentioned.