The 25 best multiplayer games on PC (RPS)

Commissar SFLUFAN

It says I was last seen in April 5th, 2016 so we probably had a TF2uesday then (I think I reinstalled it just for that one time). May 10, 2016 was also a Tuesday but everybody else seems to be last seen April 5th or earlier. Shappy and Pretzel for example were both last seen April 5 like I was.

I don't think I ever noticed that @Derek had a capital Y at the end (ShappY) until now.

Just now, TheLeon said:

I know at some point we tried bringing back TF2sday after a very long hiatus. Could that have been it? That was just a couple weeks before Overwatch came out, and I remember revisiting TF2 around that time. 

Were you ChainsawLeon? ChainsawLeon also has a May 10, 2016 last seen date.

25. Onward
24. Mount Your Friends
23. Sportsfriends
22. Mortal Kombat X
21. Northgard
20. Regular Human Basketball
19. Neptune’s Pride
18. For Honor
17. Quake Champions
16. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
15. Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege
14. Duelyst
13. Playerunknown’s Battlegrounds
12. StarCraft 2
11. Battlefield 1
10. Garry’s Mod
9. Battlerite
8. Nidhogg
7. Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
6. Rocket League
5. Overwatch
4. Devil Daggers
3. Towerfall Ascension
2. Team Fortress 2
1. Dota 2

23 minutes ago, Bacon said:

TBH, I don't really like the list, or at least the title. Cuz, shit like WoW and FFXIV is Multiplayer and really should make the list. This is more like the top 25 competitive MP games, or something like that.  

These are my feelings. Minecraft probably isn't the Juggernaut it use to be, but to be beaten by games I haven't even heard of?

41 minutes ago, Bacon said:

TBH, I don't really like the list, or at least the title. Cuz, shit like WoW and FFXIV is Multiplayer and really should make the list. This is more like the top 25 competitive MP games, or something like that.  

In their write-up, they said that they excluded cooperative games, and had a link to the top 25 coop games.

15 minutes ago, mikechorney said:

In their write-up, they said that they excluded cooperative games, and had a link to the top 25 coop games.

Years ago, like when BC, now D1P, first came out, I got shit for saying coop was not MP. 

Other than being controversial and generating clicks, the point of lists is to provide recommendations to a broad audience. I would not recommend Sc:bw or remastered to someone who doesn't already play bw or have nostalgia for it. 

8 hours ago, darkness35 said:

Because despite the reskin and HD/reworked models the game itself still is difficult to approach in multiplayer.

Any game that's still alive and kicking after 20 years will be difficult to approach in multiplayer.

1 hour ago, Moa said:

Other than being controversial and generating clicks, the point of lists is to provide recommendations to a broad audience. I would not recommend Sc:bw or remastered to someone who doesn't already play bw or have nostalgia for it. 

I still love the campaigns.  Since the non-remastered version is free and can run on a potato, it's an ideal game for LAN parties.

My younger brother who missed the boat initially got into it with friends that way.  It's still a great time. 
I came home for the holidays and was like, wtf, they're playing Starcraft?