What's the better game?

Best

Which is a better videogame?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Which game do you think is the better overall package?

• TLOU part 1 PS5
    • TLOU 2 PS5 upgrade 60fps

Really appreciate the risks they took with the second game, and it was more refined, so I'd say II. 

But I have a complicated relationship with these games.  The first one essentially cemented the modern Sony template.  These games are mostly spectacle, and they really work on me when experienced fresh, but anytime I've tried to replay them I like them less and less.  It's roller coaster gaming.

I also think the narrative is really well executed in the landscape of video games, but to turn it into a TV show exposes just how rote this story is.  Zombie stuff got extremely burned out by the late 2000's, yet here we are, going through the same motions with total sincerity. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ShreddieMercury said:

Really appreciate the risks they took with the second game, and it was more refined, so I'd say II. 

But I have a complicated relationship with these games.  The first one essentially cemented the modern Sony template.  These games are mostly spectacle, and they really work on me when experienced fresh, but anytime I've tried to replay them I like them less and less.  It's roller coaster gaming.

I also think the narrative is really well executed in the landscape of video games, but to turn it into a TV show exposes just how rote this story is.  Zombie stuff got extremely burned out by the late 2000's, yet here we are, going through the same motions with total sincerity. 

I can respect that. 

7 hours ago, BasemntDweller2 said:

Two is far superior in story and pacing. One was a slog in a lot of parts. 

A slug? It's nonstop action every 5 minutes lol. 

Part 2 takes things to another level but the end kinda disappointed me. 

Spoiler

Elllie or Abby should have died in the final battle. Everything else was absolutely spectacular.

On 10/26/2023 at 1:52 PM, best3444 said:

I'm in the middle of playing TLOU part 1 on PS5 and it's easily my top 5 games ever. 

Part 2 is a stunning piece of entertainment and is in my top 5, too. Just curious what you guys think?

You have both parts in your top 5 games EVER? So....like there's just 3 spots in the hole of video gaming left in your top 5 games? Both games are really good, definitely in the top 25 Playstation games ever, but as a whole there not even in my top 50. Just my opinion and I'm old so probably just that I have many more games under my belt most likely. I didn't even replay them when they were updated. I did beat them both and the dlc on normal and on a harder difficulty and moved on. Glad you LOVED them that much and I respect your opinion!

1 hour ago, HardAct said:

You have both parts in your top 5 games EVER? So....like there's just 3 spots in the hole of video gaming left in your top 5 games? Both games are really good, definitely in the top 25 Playstation games ever, but as a whole there not even in my top 50. Just my opinion and I'm old so probably just that I have many more games under my belt most likely. I didn't even replay them when they were updated. I did beat them both and the dlc on normal and on a harder difficulty and moved on. Glad you LOVED them that much and I respect your opinion!

No, I consider TLOU and TLOU 2 one big game. So that leaves me with 4 other games in my top 5. 

If you take them as individual games, TLOU2 is on another level in every category. I played 7 hours today and had to force myself to stop. The visuals hold up incredibly well and are some of the best ever. I actually think it looks better than TLOU part 1 on PS5. 

Technically I think they're both great on the PS5, without too much daylight between them. It's been a while, but I think Part 1 has some better tech in it, but Part 2 just has bigger moments that are more visually impressive, so it's kind of a wash.

As games I'll take Part 2. Everything about it hits harder and is more daring, while the gameplay is more refined. They're the best games at what they do.

• Thanks 1

Ok. If you want to laugh your ass off and have some time to kill, watch Angry Joe's review of TLOU2. The skits in it are tear worthy and his comments are so fuckin funny and accurate.

Tl;dr he gives it a 6/10 and shits all over the story. But my God did that review make me laugh out loud a few times.