Dark Phoenix trailer

I don't believe Simon Kinberg has the ability as either writer or director to make this good, but maybe? 

No one is more cognizant than he is that X-Men: The Last Stand wasn't good (especially as an adaptation of the Dark Phoenix comic book storyline) and he's gone into this since day one with the idea of rectifying the past mistake he contributed to (he co-wrote the script for The Last Stand with Zak Penn) and then the film was directed by Brett Ratner of all people and there was plenty of Fox studio notes and interference during the whole thing. Sounds like that last part is true this time too. 

I don't have much hope, but he knows what to fix and not fix at least, presumably. 

4 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

So X3, but with worse actors.

You misspelled hotter.

But seriously on the whole I'd say the actors between the two films are probably about even. Last Stand has higher highs (Stewart, Jackman, McKellen) and lower lows (Marsden, Romijn, Berry) while this film has Fassbender, McAvoy, Lawrence, Chastain, etc. Who are all solid at a minimum.

It is better than Apocalypse, worse than First Class and DOFP. Not the best note for the Fox films to end on, but I was prepared for muuuuch worse.

20 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

It is better than Apocalypse, worse than First Class and DOFP. Not the best note for the Fox films to end on, but I was prepared for muuuuch worse.

You got to see the film already? 

Man, I thought this movie was a bad idea when it was announced. I’ve never found it that great a story, and it has always been worse outside of the comics. The same people that fucked it all up in X3 trying again did not give me renewed confidence. 

I wish Fox would just stop. 

The movie (minus SFX work on the reshoots) was complete in December and I saw it at an industry event where Fox was honoring their theatrical distribution team as they are mostly about to get sacked during the Disney transition :(

If I lived in LA or NYC I would see this stuff really early all the time. Sometimes they have exhibitor screenings really early in Dallas and Atlanta, so I occasionally will hit Dallas screenings for the super early stuff.

14 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I wish Fox would just stop. 

They will in about 6 months :lol:

On 3/1/2019 at 5:36 PM, sblfilms said:

I love that Magneto is allegedly a genius and his pro tier strat in back to back movies is to kill someone with chipping damage. 

1 minute ago, Greatoneshere said:

How much worse than First Class, Logan, and DOFP? How much better than Apocalypse? Heh. 

Its closer to Apocalypse :lol:

• 1 month later...